Italy’s ITA Airways unveils new livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Italy Air Transport (ITA) Airways has revealed its new livery after launching on Oct. 15.
The sky-blue livery features green, red and white stripes representing the colors of the Italian flag on the tail and engines of the aircraft.
The airline will operate with a network of 44 destinations, 59 routes and 191 flights in total. It will offer 24 domestic and 56 international options, according to ITA’s press release.
ITA expects to increase those numbers to 58 destinations and 74 routes in 2022 and 74 destinations and 89 routes in 2025.
Charter flights were also launched, starting with a Milan Malpensa (MXP) to Rome flight. ITA said it will focus its activity on the Rome Fiumicino hub and the Milan Linate (LIN) airport.
ITA said it will start with 52 aircrafts with expectations to grow to 78 planes in 2022 and reach 105 new aircrafts by 2025.
The airline said it will join Sky Team and launch ‘Volare’ a new frequent flier loyalty program, with four levels: Smart, Plus, Premium and Executive.
According to AP News, ITA paid 90 million euros (over $104 million) for the rights to the Alitalia brand and website but will be called ITA Airways. The new ITA aircraft design borrows from Alitalia plane color schemes of green, red and white.
In August, Alitalia stopped issuing tickets and prepared to shut down operations. The airline was in bankruptcy since 2017 and was nationalized by the Italian government in March 2020 as the COVID-19 crisis threw the airline industry into turmoil.
“For every end, there is always a new beginning,” said Fabio Lazzerini, chief executive officer of ITA Airways in a press release. “This is just the first step in an ambitious project: the creation of the new flagship airline that will connect our country to the world and represent it through the work of the women and men who are and will be part of it”.
Featured photo by PJPhoto69/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.