A look inside the brand-new InterContinental Maldives $10,000 per night room
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG U.K. Head of Video Jean Arnas took to the country in December and stayed for a portion of the trip at the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort. You can read his full review here, but how about a look inside the resort’s most exclusive room, too?
We didn’t stay there, however. We booked a Sunrise Overwater Pool Villa for about $850 per night on hotels.com. Reward rates for the base room category, the Beach Pool Villa, are higher than any other property in the IHG portfolio right now at 100,000 points per night, and there is a two-night minimum on reward bookings. Once IHG fully integrates the Six Senses and Mr & Mrs Smith brands into its portfolio, that could change, though.
The room rate came with Club InterContinental benefits, which included:
- Daily breakfast from either of two restaurants, Cafe Umi or The Retreat
- Daily afternoon tea from 3-5 p.m. daily
- Evening digestif, which was wine and cheese at the Retreat or a non-alcoholic selection at the Pool Bar
- Complimentary water and soft drinks at the Retreat, the Collection and the Pool Bar
Overall, the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort was a great experience. The gorgeous villa, helpful staff and delicious (but not ridiculously overpriced) cuisine helped to set it apart from other resorts in the Maldives.
Featured photo by Jean Arnas/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.