The InterContinental LA Downtown Now Tacking on a $25 ‘Facility Fee’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Resort fees can be a real shock at the end of the booking process when picking a hotel. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like they’re going anywhere any time soon. If anything, they are getting worse. The latest to add an additional charge — in this case an extra $25 plus tax — is the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown.
Resort Fees, Facility Fees or Amenity fees are a standard additional charge tacked on to your per-night rate, and unfortunately more and more hotels are adding these fees when booking stays. In the fine print, hotels often say these fees cover things like gym access, pool access & towels, Wi-Fi, local phone calls and even things like in-room coffee — a list of items that most people would think should be included with their stay at a full-service hotel.
In the InterContinental LA Downtown’s case, that $25 fee is said to cover access to Attitude Fitness (gym), Spire 73 (the hotel’s rooftop bar), Wi-Fi, local phone calls, digital newspaper and luggage storage for up to 24 hours. No matter what a property says it might cover, having to pay an extra fee on top of your nightly rate for a stay at a hotel or resort can catch you off guard when you get ready to book a stay.
If you’re looking to avoid resort fees or whatever your hotel might be calling them, there are some options. To find out more, check out our guide to avoiding resort fees. Then, check out these eight properties that don’t charge resort fees.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees