India’s SpiceJet Adds Daily Flights Between Mumbai and Hong Kong
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This story first appeared on our content partner Live from a Lounge, an aviation-focused blog based in India. The story appears on our site largely as it appeared on Live from a Lounge. Here is a link to the original post: SpiceJet adds daily Mumbai — Hong Kong flights
Back in April 2019, SpiceJet put out a press release announcing that it would launch flights from Mumbai to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia; Hong Kong; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Dhaka, Bangladesh; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Kathmandu, Nepal, by the end of May. Since then, SpiceJet started flying Mumbai — Bangkok on May 17 and announced Mumbai — Jeddah, with the first flight scheduled for July 5. With SpiceJet securing a part of Jet Airways’ bilateral rights on a temporary basis, it further added flights to Jeddah from Delhi, to Dhaka from both Mumbai and Delhi, and to Riyadh from Mumbai using an ex-Jet Airways 737-800.
Now, SpiceJet has announced yet another international route using the temporary bilateral rights allocated to it: daily Mumbai-Hong Kong flights. The first flight is scheduled for July 31, and for now, tickets are available for sale until Sept. 30. The schedule for the flight is:
SG41 BOM0105 — 0940HKG 737 D
SG42 HKG1215 — 1520BOM 737 D
SpiceJet will deploy two-class ex-Jet Airways 737-800 on this route. As of now, SpiceJet is selling the business class seats as SpiceMAX for a marginal premium over regular economy tickets, so it is sort of a good deal. But if in the future SpiceJet does launch SpiceBiz on international routes, there is a chance the carrier will reaccommodate you to normal SpiceMAX seats instead of these recliner business class seats.
Let’s hope SpiceJet’s Mumbai-Hong Kong flights have a better on-time arrival and departure from Hong Kong than SpiceJet’s Delhi — Hong Kong flights, which are consistently delayed.
Out of the routes announced by SpiceJet back in April, only flights to Kathmandu and Colombo remain to be added. Air India is also rumored to be adding a Mumbai-Hong Kong flight.
Featured image by Dhiraj Singh/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees