Veterans and Their Families Can Now Book Discounted Hyatt Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From redeeming points and miles to signing up for AAA, there are no shortage of opportunities to save on your next hotel stay. And, beginning today, current US military members, veterans and their families now have another option for booking rooms at a reduced price.
Hyatt just rolled out a new rate, labeled “Veteran” on the chain’s website.
As with most other Hyatt rates and packages, the Veteran rate is eligible for elite perks, and you can earn points on your stay. As the chain explains,
“To say thank you this Veterans Day, Hyatt has committed to strengthen its benefits around the U.S. military community by introducing a new U.S. veteran and military rate. Beginning Friday, October 26, 2018, participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in the U.S. are offering individuals who have served or are currently serving in any official government-sponsored branch of the United States armed services, as well as their immediate family members, the Veteran and Military Rate, which is between 10% and 15% off the Hyatt standard rate when they make their reservation via Hyatt.com or a Global Contact Center and use offer code MILVET.”
Your savings will vary depending on the property and date. For example, at the Grand Hyatt New York for a Friday stay, the Veteran rate (displayed here as “Military”) saves 10% off the standard rate.
Some (but not all) international properties are participating as well — for example, I see the Military rate listed at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, but not the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. It may offer limited savings abroad, however.
You can also book the Veteran rate over the phone by providing the offer code MILVET. Note that you or immediate family members taking advantage will have to present a US vet or military ID (or other documentation) at check-in. You and your immediate family members can save on up to two rooms per stay. Check out Hyatt’s dedicated site for more details on the chain’s latest rate.
Featured image by Mark Edward Atkinson/Tracey Lee/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees