Hyatt rolling out updates to its check-in experience, including upgrade status
You may have noticed that World of Hyatt’s mobile app has gotten a little more functional in recent days.
TPG readers shared that the World of Hyatt app is showing them confirmed room upgrades before their stays. We reached out to Hyatt that shared the news that it is currently in the process of rolling out a pilot program for an updated digital check-in experience.
For now, the chain is testing it at only 34 properties, which include the likes of the Grand Hyatt San Francisco, Andaz New York, Hyatt Regency Chicago, Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, Park Hyatt Tokyo and Andaz Shanghai. More properties are slated to begin participating in the coming months.
The most exciting part of this development is that both Hyatt.com and the mobile app will show you upgraded rooms — whether you’ve applied a Globalist Suite Upgrade or if your elite status with the chain led the individual hotel to upgrade you. According to Hyatt, it will also give you the “flexibility to select the room best suited for [your] needs.”
In the past, Globalists with Globalist Suite Upgrades could confirm their room type in advance — but only over the phone. And, if you received a complimentary upgrade due to your status, it’d be a mystery until you showed up at the hotel to check-in.
Readers in the TPG Lounge, as well as travelers posting on Flyertalk, have reported that they’ve seen an upgraded room type reflected both on Hyatt’s website and in the app before stays when viewing the reservation details.
Since the new check-in experience is only being rolled out at a select number of properties to start, if a property that you’re booked at isn’t participating yet, you won’t notice any changes. TPG travel analyst Zach Griff has a four-night stay booked at the Park Hyatt St. Kitts in March. He booked with points and applied a Globalist Suite Upgrade, but his reservation doesn’t reflect the upgraded room type.
This development is welcome news for World of Hyatt members, who for a long time have lacked in-app and online functionality that Hyatt’s competitors have offered their members.
Featured image courtesy of Zach Griff / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees