How to Earn 10% Back at Whole Foods for a Limited Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whole Foods fans are in luck. Amazon sent out emails to Prime Rewards Visa cardholders notifying them of a fantastic offer when shopping at the health-focused grocery store.
Between Dec. 17-24, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Cardmembers can earn 10% back on Whole Foods Market purchases. There’s a $400 cap on how much you can earn, but that would mean you’d have to spend $4,000 at the store during the next week.
If you aren’t an Amazon Prime member and hold the Amazon Rewards Visa, you’re still eligible for double earnings, meaning 6% back instead of the normal 3%.
Since most people won’t be able to spend $4,000 on groceries during the next week, buying gift cards could be a great way to maximize this promotion. Although Amazon states in the deal’s terms that gift cards aren’t eligible for the increased cash back, past data points confirm that purchasing gift cards at the super market will work.
Whole Foods sells Amazon gift cards, so you could potentially stock up on Amazon credits at a great discount. Just be aware that it’s not guaranteed you’ll earn the 10% back, so hope for the best but expect the worst.
The Amazon Prime Rewards card doesn’t carry an annual fee but you’ll have to be an Amazon Prime member to hold the card, which costs $120 a year. TPG does recommend it as one of the best credit cards for Amazon and Whole Foods purchases, and if you don’t have the product, check out our list of the best credit cards for groceries..
To see more about the 10% back offer, log in to your Amazon account and click here.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.