How to Earn 10% Back at Whole Foods for a Limited Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whole Foods fans are in luck. Amazon sent out emails to Prime Rewards Visa cardholders notifying them of a fantastic offer when shopping at the health-focused grocery store.
Between Dec. 17-24, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Cardmembers can earn 10% back on Whole Foods Market purchases. There’s a $400 cap on how much you can earn, but that would mean you’d have to spend $4,000 at the store during the next week.
If you aren’t an Amazon Prime member and hold the Amazon Rewards Visa, you’re still eligible for double earnings, meaning 6% back instead of the normal 3%.
Since most people won’t be able to spend $4,000 on groceries during the next week, buying gift cards could be a great way to maximize this promotion. Although Amazon states in the deal’s terms that gift cards aren’t eligible for the increased cash back, past data points confirm that purchasing gift cards at the super market will work.
Whole Foods sells Amazon gift cards, so you could potentially stock up on Amazon credits at a great discount. Just be aware that it’s not guaranteed you’ll earn the 10% back, so hope for the best but expect the worst.
The Amazon Prime Rewards card doesn’t carry an annual fee but you’ll have to be an Amazon Prime member to hold the card, which costs $120 a year. TPG does recommend it as one of the best credit cards for Amazon and Whole Foods purchases, and if you don’t have the product, check out our list of the best credit cards for groceries..
To see more about the 10% back offer, log in to your Amazon account and click here.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees