Extended: Earn 2K points per stay, 10K every 10 nights with new Hilton Points Unlimited promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
This article was updated to reflect that the Hilton Points Unlimited promotion has been extended until September 7, 2020. The promotion was originally set to expire on May 31, 2020.
Editor’s note: The team at The Points Guy loves to travel, but now is not the time for unnecessary trips. Health officials say the fastest way to return to normalcy is to stop coming in contact with others. That includes ceasing travel. We are publishing travel guides because we should all use this time to think about and plan our next
Hilton has announced a promo for the new year and it’s a terrific opportunity to earn a ton of points. From Jan. 6 to September 7, 2020, you can earn 2,000 points per stay plus an additional 10,000 bonus points after every 10 nights with the Hilton Points Unlimited promotion.
As the name implies, this promotion is uncapped — you can earn bonus points for as many stays as you like during the qualifying period.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To get in on the deal, you’ll have to register for the promotion first. Here’s how the earning breaks down:
- Earn 2,000 Hilton points for each completed stay (which can be as short as one night)
- Earn 10,000 Hilton points for every 10 nights completed
Similar to last year’s promotion, there’s no limit to the number of points you can earn. However, there are terms and conditions you should be aware of:
- This promotion is valid at all hotels in the Hilton portfolio
- You’ll receive credit for your stay if it is completed on or after Jan. 6, 2020 or by Sept. 7, 2020
- You must book directly with Hilton (not with a third-party site like Orbitz or Expedia)
- Your points will post to your account six to eight weeks after your stay
- Bonus points will not count toward Hilton elite status qualification
To maximize your earnings, consider paying for your stays with a cobranded Hilton credit card:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card — Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases on the card in the first six months. Earn 7X points at participating Hilton hotels, no annual fee (see rates and fees). Terms apply.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card — Earn a welcome bonus of 130,000 bonus points after you use your card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Earn 12X points at participating Hilton hotels, $95 annual fee (see rates and fees)
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card — Earn 130,000 points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $100 in Statement Credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family of hotels in the first 12 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/25/2021. Earn 12X points at participating Hilton hotels, $95 annual fee (see rates and fees). Terms apply.
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express — Welcome bonus of 150,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of opening your account. Earn 14X points at participating Hilton hotels, $450 annual fee (see rates and fees). Terms apply.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
TPG values Hilton points at 0.6 apiece, so earning 2,000 bonus points per stay is worth about $12. However, if you were to pay for the stay with the Hilton Aspire card, which earns 14X points per dollar at participating Hilton hotels, your earnings would skyrocket. On top of that, because the Aspire card comes with automatic Hilton Honors Diamond elite status, you’ll earn an additional 100% bonus on base points.
If you’re stuck for ways to redeem Hilton points, check out our guide to maximizing redemptions with the Hilton Honors program. Whether you prefer luxury properties like the Conrad Bora Bora or more moderate accommodations at brands like Hampton or Embassy Suites, you can often get much more value per Hilton point with the right redemption.
Even if you don’t have Hilton stays planned, it only takes a minute to register for the promotion.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Amex, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Surpass Amex, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Business Amex, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Aspire Amex, please click here.
Featured photo by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!