Hilton eliminates lounge access benefit for elites at its newest brand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Signia Hilton, the hotel chain’s corporate-focused brand that launched in 2019, will not offer executive lounge access as part of its Hilton Honors program, marking the first time elite members will be excluded from executive lounge access, One Mile at a Time reported earlier this week.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Access to executive lounges is only available at select properties, and excludes Club Signia for Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members, per the Hilton Honors benefits website, which also notes that Diamond members generally receive complimentary access to executive lounges, without having to upgrade their room to a type that includes lounge access, as is the requirement for Gold members.
Diamond members wishing to access Club Signia can do so for an additional cost, Hilton confirmed in a press statement to One Mile at a Time, which also specified the reason for the change, explaining that “Club Signia will offer a premium experience and amenities beyond those of our existing executive lounges.”
This week’s news comes as the first Signia property launches next week, as the Hilton Orlando Bonnett Creek hotel near Disney World rebrands itself as the Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek on July 12.
In February 2019, Hilton launched Signia as a “new meetings-and-events-focused brand” for “meeting professionals and sophisticated business travelers,” and most notably added larger spaces for meetings and events, while focusing on “modern design, technology and culinary experience,” as TPG previously reported.
“Large ballrooms and pre-function areas will feature smart design paired with the newest technologies to elevate today’s meetings,” the company said in a release announcing the brand. “As the modern meeting attendee is looking for spaces that inspire innovative thinking, the small to mid-size meeting rooms will feature unique design and technology that spark new ideas and optimize work and collaboration.”
Featured image of a Hilton Hotel in Berlin, Germany courtesy of XAMAXullsteinbild via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees