No strings attached: Hilton is surprising some members with 10,000 bonus points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The major hotel programs have done a lot to keep customers engaged and loyal during the pandemic. They’ve made it easier to qualify for elite status, offered best-ever promotions and more. But they’re not done yet.
Today, Hilton Honors surprised (and probably delighted) some lucky members with a special gift. Targeted Hilton Honors members should find 10,000 bonus points credited to their accounts as a “thank you,” with no stay requirements in order to claim them. Here’s everything we know so far.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Hilton Honors 10,000-point “thank you” gift
Hilton Honors is gifting certain members with 10,000-point thank you bonuses. If targeted, you’ll be able to claim the points instantly without having to meet any stay requirements. You’ll just need to “accept” the gift by Dec. 31, 2021.
Members who were targeted for this promotion should have received an email. However, you can also check to see if you’re targeted by logging in to your Hilton Honors account via this page.
The promotion landing page reads:
We have been delighted to welcome you and so many other guests back to our hotels in recent months. It’s been wonderful to serve you once again, and on behalf of all of us at Hilton, I want to say a huge thank you for your continued trust – and for choosing to stay with us time and again.
As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty and patience – particularly as we have all adjusted to a unique summer travel season – please accept 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points on us. Just click the button below to log in and claim your Points.
While it sounds like you must have stayed at a Hilton property recently in order to qualify, it’s not completely clear how members are being singled out. TPG reader Brandon Haley, a Diamond member “with stays every week for the last three years,” was targeted. Meanwhile, no Hilton Diamond members on the TPG team were targeted. The terms and conditions just state, “Offer valid for eligible members who registered during the offer period.”
We’ve reached out to Hilton Honors to try to get more specifics and were provided with the following statement:
“Hilton Honors is grateful for its millions of loyal members around the world. To show our appreciation, we are pleased to surprise various members who stayed with us in recent months with 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. We look forward to continuing to reward and celebrate our Hilton Honors members for their loyalty.”
One thing is for sure though, you must be opted into receiving marketing emails from Hilton Honors.
10,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $60 according to TPG valuations. While that might not sound like much, it’s certainly not bad considering they’re essentially free points. This gift may even be enough to cover a free night at some properties. The terms say to allow six to eight weeks from registration for the points to appear in your account, though reports suggest they post instantly.
Loyalty programs send so many marketing emails that it can be easy to tune them all out and automatically hit delete. However, a small number of them are worth reading as they may contain targeted offers. In this case, Hilton Honors is sending some lucky members the offers of 10,000 bonus points with no strings attached, which is definitely worth taking advantage of.
Featured photo of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort Jamaica by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees