Hawaiian Airlines’ Las Vegas-Maui Nonstops Return For First Time Since 2012
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hawaiian Airlines will return to Las Vegas from Maui in December, a move that comes as the carrier expands its Airbus A321neo network.
The Honolulu-based airline will begin flights between Las Vegas (LAS) and Kahului (OGG) on Maui on Dec. 15, it said Monday. Hawaiian will offer four weekly flights with the A321neo.
“We’re thrilled to once again offer the convenience of nonstop flights between the Valley Isle and the ninth island,” said Peter Ingram, CEO of Hawaiian, in a statement.
Hawaiian was the last to fly nonstop between Las Vegas and Maui, ending service in 2012, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
Hawaiian will offer its newest aircraft, the A321neo, on the route. Since the jet entered service for the airline in early 2018, Hawaiian has used it to add flights on existing routes to the US West Coast and to open new routes between existing destinations.
Hawaiian configures its A321neos with 16 first class, 44 extra-legroom economy and 129 economy seats.
In addition to the new Las Vegas service, Hawaiian will use its A321neos to add a second daily flight between Honolulu (HNL) and Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) starting Jan. 7. The airline will also offer a second daily flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Maui with the aircraft from Dec. 14 to Jan. 5.
Hawaiian has slowed capacity growth due to A321neo delivery delays this year. It plans to grow by 1.5-2.5% year-over-year in 2019, a point lower than initial forecasts.
Brent Overbeek, senior vice-president of revenue management and network planning at Hawaiian, said in July that A321neo delivery delays has “pushed [things] to the right” in terms of network growth.
Featured image courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees