Hawaiian Airlines’ Las Vegas-Maui Nonstops Return For First Time Since 2012
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hawaiian Airlines will return to Las Vegas from Maui in December, a move that comes as the carrier expands its Airbus A321neo network.
The Honolulu-based airline will begin flights between Las Vegas (LAS) and Kahului (OGG) on Maui on Dec. 15, it said Monday. Hawaiian will offer four weekly flights with the A321neo.
“We’re thrilled to once again offer the convenience of nonstop flights between the Valley Isle and the ninth island,” said Peter Ingram, CEO of Hawaiian, in a statement.
Hawaiian was the last to fly nonstop between Las Vegas and Maui, ending service in 2012, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
Hawaiian will offer its newest aircraft, the A321neo, on the route. Since the jet entered service for the airline in early 2018, Hawaiian has used it to add flights on existing routes to the US West Coast and to open new routes between existing destinations.
Hawaiian configures its A321neos with 16 first class, 44 extra-legroom economy and 129 economy seats.
In addition to the new Las Vegas service, Hawaiian will use its A321neos to add a second daily flight between Honolulu (HNL) and Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) starting Jan. 7. The airline will also offer a second daily flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Maui with the aircraft from Dec. 14 to Jan. 5.
Hawaiian has slowed capacity growth due to A321neo delivery delays this year. It plans to grow by 1.5-2.5% year-over-year in 2019, a point lower than initial forecasts.
Brent Overbeek, senior vice-president of revenue management and network planning at Hawaiian, said in July that A321neo delivery delays has “pushed [things] to the right” in terms of network growth.
Featured image courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees