You can rent Harry Potter’s childhood home for only $142 a night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You can now book the De Vere House in England, also known as Harry Potter’s childhood home in Godric’s Hollow, through Airbnb. Yes, you can finally be a witch or wizard … for a minimum-two-night stay, that is. Rates at the property start at just £110, or approximately $142 per night.
In the “muggle world,” Harry’s house is located in Lavenham, Suffolk, and it’s a “highly-acclaimed Five Star and Gold Award bed and breakfast accommodation,” according to the listing.
It’s reopening now for witches, wizards and muggles alike. Just don’t tell the Ministry of Magic — we have a feeling they won’t be too pleased about this one.
While Lavenham is one of Britain’s most iconic medieval villages, the property is anything but. It’s complete with four bedrooms and en suite bathrooms, as well as modern conveniences like televisions and Wi-Fi. There’s also a private sitting room with a log fire and courtyard garden.
Book a stay here, and you can enjoy a full English breakfast in the main dining room. (Pretty magical if we do say so ourselves.) One thing of note, though, is that it’s not suitable for pets, children or travelers who require mobility aids due to the layout and age of the house.
He-who-shall-not-be-named probably isn’t welcome, either.
So, what might you do while you wait for your acceptance letter from Hogwarts to arrive (any day now, I’m sure)? The surrounding village has a “stunning medieval Church,” as well as restaurants, antique shops, tea rooms, bakeries, groceries, museums, an art gallery and even a spa.
For travelers seeking a bit more in the way of outdoor activities, there are tennis courts and four golf courses, as well as a swimming pool in the nearby town of Sudbury. To get to Lavenham, you can fly into London Stansted Airport (STN) or take the train from London.
Make Hermione proud and use a card that will earn you bonus points on travel purchases to put you one step closer to yet another vacation, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x).
And people say muggles couldn’t do magic!
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees