Hard Rock Las Vegas to Close, Reopen Under Virgin Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, which was sold in February 2018, has made the decision to close its door completely during a full-scale renovation. Originally reported by KTNV and the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the decision comes as the hotel undergoes a complete rebrand. The property, purchased by Virgin Hotels, was originally slated to phase in an 8-month renovation, half of which would occur while the hotel remained open for business.
As reported by KTNV, Hard Rock/Virgin Hotels ownership partner and CEO Richard “Boz” Bosworth stated, “We determined that a phased closing of four months, followed by a total closure of four months was not efficient from a construction process nor could we provide a hospitality service experience our guests deserve. Therefore an approximate eight-month closure would be most efficient and ensure a timely opening prior to January 2021.”
The hotel is due to close in February 2020, just after the Super Bowl, though Bosworth called the opening date a “moving target,” noting that the property could be open for business again as early as October 2020.
Interestingly, Virgin Hotels is attempting to keep as many of the Hard Rock’s 1,500+ employees around as possible, offering a benefits package, titled the “Stick Around And Come Back” program, to those still employed when the hotel closes. It will grant up to ten weeks of pay at closure and guarantee jobs when the hotel reopens, as reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
If you’ve been wanting to stay at this iconic hotel, featuring its signature massive guitar, do so now before the property closes and we say goodbye to the Hard Rock for good.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees