Hard Rock Las Vegas to Close, Reopen Under Virgin Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, which was sold in February 2018, has made the decision to close its door completely during a full-scale renovation. Originally reported by KTNV and the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the decision comes as the hotel undergoes a complete rebrand. The property, purchased by Virgin Hotels, was originally slated to phase in an 8-month renovation, half of which would occur while the hotel remained open for business.
As reported by KTNV, Hard Rock/Virgin Hotels ownership partner and CEO Richard “Boz” Bosworth stated, “We determined that a phased closing of four months, followed by a total closure of four months was not efficient from a construction process nor could we provide a hospitality service experience our guests deserve. Therefore an approximate eight-month closure would be most efficient and ensure a timely opening prior to January 2021.”
The hotel is due to close in February 2020, just after the Super Bowl, though Bosworth called the opening date a “moving target,” noting that the property could be open for business again as early as October 2020.
Interestingly, Virgin Hotels is attempting to keep as many of the Hard Rock’s 1,500+ employees around as possible, offering a benefits package, titled the “Stick Around And Come Back” program, to those still employed when the hotel closes. It will grant up to ten weeks of pay at closure and guarantee jobs when the hotel reopens, as reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
If you’ve been wanting to stay at this iconic hotel, featuring its signature massive guitar, do so now before the property closes and we say goodbye to the Hard Rock for good.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees