Book one of America’s most haunted hotel rooms for Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Read House is offering up its infamously haunted Room 311 for select dates in October for those brave enough to book. These upcoming dates will be the only time this year the room will be available for the public to stay.
Room 311 not only housed Al Capone on his way to Federal prison, but was also the site of the grizzly death of a woman named Annalisa Netherly. Some say she was murdered in the bathtub by a former lover, while others contend she died by suicide after a fit of jealous rage.
Some say that Annalisa has taken up residence in the room that was the scene of her death, with guests reporting such things as flickering lights, unexplained noises, apparitions and water running in the bathroom.
The hotel, not wanting to upset its most well-known guest, restored the room with everything you would imagine from the 1920s: AM radio, pull-chain toilet, antique furniture and even a clawfoot tub. The one thing guests won’t find in the room, however, is a television.
If you’re ready to bunk with Annalisa for the night, the experience isn’t cheap. The single-night stay will run you $666. That rate does include valet parking, a decanter of bathtub gin, two Annalisa cocktails in the hotel bar, and if you make it through the night, room service for breakfast.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All photos courtesy of The Read House
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees