Book one of America’s most haunted hotel rooms for Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Read House is offering up its infamously haunted Room 311 for select dates in October for those brave enough to book. These upcoming dates will be the only time this year the room will be available for the public to stay.
Room 311 not only housed Al Capone on his way to Federal prison, but was also the site of the grizzly death of a woman named Annalisa Netherly. Some say she was murdered in the bathtub by a former lover, while others contend she died by suicide after a fit of jealous rage.
Some say that Annalisa has taken up residence in the room that was the scene of her death, with guests reporting such things as flickering lights, unexplained noises, apparitions and water running in the bathroom.
The hotel, not wanting to upset its most well-known guest, restored the room with everything you would imagine from the 1920s: AM radio, pull-chain toilet, antique furniture and even a clawfoot tub. The one thing guests won’t find in the room, however, is a television.
If you’re ready to bunk with Annalisa for the night, the experience isn’t cheap. The single-night stay will run you $666. That rate does include valet parking, a decanter of bathtub gin, two Annalisa cocktails in the hotel bar, and if you make it through the night, room service for breakfast.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All photos courtesy of The Read House
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.