You can now rent an entire Great Wolf Lodge water park for you and 49 of your friends
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines, cruises, hotels and every other company in the travel industry continue to come up with creative ideas to drive revenue during COVID-19. The latest idea I’ve stumbled upon comes from the Great Wolf Lodge in my Georgia hometown.
Starting at $10,000 you can “Own the Park” for up to 50 guests to enjoy 2.5 hours of private park access after regular water park operating hours. You also get 10 Family Suites for the overnight stay, a complimentary refreshment station in the park with soft drinks, water, iced tea, and snacks, a stocked mini-fridge in each suite with bottled water, non-alcoholic beverages, a snack basket, and a welcome gift valued at $50 and private breakfast for your party the morning after your water park access.
You will also receive regular park and resort access during normal hours before your exclusive access, as well as the following morning. The package is currently available at six different Great Wolf Lodges: Colorado Springs, Grapevine, Williamsburg, Pocono Mountains, Scottsdale/Talking Stick and the Georgia location.
If you divided the cost evenly amongst yourself and 49 additional guests, that’d only be $200 per person, easily the cost of a regular night at the Great Wolf Lodge. You would of course then all have to share just 10 suites, likely not a good idea during the pandemic times.
Great Wolf Lodge does have a robust health and safety program outlined on their website called “Our Paw Pledge” which requires masks for all guests 5 years and older (2 years+ in some states). Even with that, an indoor gathering of 49 of your best friends and family who don’t have to wear masks while enjoying the water park attractions may not currently be the best idea.
Only 2.5 hours of private access for $10,000 seems a little steep to me. Also, with that access being after normal closing hours, little ones like my 4 and 6-year old may be past their bedtime. One final thing to remember when checking out this package, make sure any added resort fee is clearly disclosed.
Featured image by Richard Kerr/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees