Get a taste of a Japanese fall inside Amex’s new pop-up Centurion lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today through Nov. 24 American Express invites Platinum and Centurion cardholders to enjoy a pop-up Centurion lounge in Tokyo, Japan.
The pop-up lounge will fuse classic elements from Centurion Lounges with traditional Japanese culture, offering an inside look into a Japanese fall. For example, attendees will enjoy a digitally enhanced tea ceremony accompanied by small bites and beverages. From the look of the photos, this is a must visit if you happen to be in Tokyo and are a cardholder. Oh, and you can bring two friends along to join in on the tastiness.
When: Nov. 20th – 24, 2019; 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Jing, 6-35 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku Tokyo 150-0001 Japan
Who’s invited: Platinum and Centurion cardholders
This pop-up is just another example of the value The Platinum Card® from American Express holds worldwide. For example, this cards comes with a handful of perks including up to $200 in airline credit annually, a TSA PreCheck and Global Entry fee credit (up to $100) and of course, Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass access among other perks.
If Tokyo isn’t in your plans this week, but New York City is Nov. 30 – Dec. 1 then you may want to consider stopping by the Platinum House. This same rules apply to this stateside pop-up, so come with an empty stomach and get ready to enjoy delicious food and cocktails complimentary to Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
The Platinum Card® offers a wide-variety of perks to travelers both domestically and internationally. If you’re a globetrotter and this card isn’t already in your wallet, it’s definitely worth considering. Along with the everyday perks the card offers, Amex is also pretty consistent about hosting exclusive pop-ups like this one in Tokyo and the upcoming one in NYC.
Featured photo by American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.