Get a taste of a Japanese fall inside Amex’s new pop-up Centurion lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today through Nov. 24 American Express invites Platinum and Centurion cardholders to enjoy a pop-up Centurion lounge in Tokyo, Japan.
The pop-up lounge will fuse classic elements from Centurion Lounges with traditional Japanese culture, offering an inside look into a Japanese fall. For example, attendees will enjoy a digitally enhanced tea ceremony accompanied by small bites and beverages. From the look of the photos, this is a must visit if you happen to be in Tokyo and are a cardholder. Oh, and you can bring two friends along to join in on the tastiness.
When: Nov. 20th – 24, 2019; 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Jing, 6-35 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku Tokyo 150-0001 Japan
Who’s invited: Platinum and Centurion cardholders
This pop-up is just another example of the value The Platinum Card® from American Express holds worldwide. For example, this cards comes with a handful of perks including up to $200 in airline credit annually, a TSA PreCheck and Global Entry fee credit (up to $100) and of course, Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass access among other perks. Enrollment required for select benefits.
If Tokyo isn’t in your plans this week, but New York City is Nov. 30 – Dec. 1 then you may want to consider stopping by the Platinum House. This same rules apply to this stateside pop-up, so come with an empty stomach and get ready to enjoy delicious food and cocktails complimentary to Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
The Platinum Card® offers a wide-variety of perks to travelers both domestically and internationally. If you’re a globetrotter and this card isn’t already in your wallet, it’s definitely worth considering. Along with the everyday perks the card offers, Amex is also pretty consistent about hosting exclusive pop-ups like this one in Tokyo and the upcoming one in NYC.
Featured photo by American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees