Get a taste of a Japanese fall inside Amex’s new pop-up Centurion lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today through Nov. 24 American Express invites Platinum and Centurion cardholders to enjoy a pop-up Centurion lounge in Tokyo, Japan.
The pop-up lounge will fuse classic elements from Centurion Lounges with traditional Japanese culture, offering an inside look into a Japanese fall. For example, attendees will enjoy a digitally enhanced tea ceremony accompanied by small bites and beverages. From the look of the photos, this is a must visit if you happen to be in Tokyo and are a cardholder. Oh, and you can bring two friends along to join in on the tastiness.
When: Nov. 20th – 24, 2019; 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Jing, 6-35 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku Tokyo 150-0001 Japan
Who’s invited: Platinum and Centurion cardholders
This pop-up is just another example of the value The Platinum Card® from American Express holds worldwide. For example, this cards comes with a handful of perks including up to $200 in airline credit annually, a TSA PreCheck and Global Entry fee credit (up to $100) and of course, Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass access among other perks. Enrollment required for select benefits.
If Tokyo isn’t in your plans this week, but New York City is Nov. 30 – Dec. 1 then you may want to consider stopping by the Platinum House. This same rules apply to this stateside pop-up, so come with an empty stomach and get ready to enjoy delicious food and cocktails complimentary to Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
The Platinum Card® offers a wide-variety of perks to travelers both domestically and internationally. If you’re a globetrotter and this card isn’t already in your wallet, it’s definitely worth considering. Along with the everyday perks the card offers, Amex is also pretty consistent about hosting exclusive pop-ups like this one in Tokyo and the upcoming one in NYC.
Featured photo by American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.