Get 10X AAdvantage Miles Plus $40 Cashback at Marriott Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the foundational elements of the points and miles hobby is that you should maximize every online purchases by going through a shopping portal. This doesn’t just apply when buying items online; you also can score bonus points, miles or cashback on travel purchases by using shopping portals.
And today a new offer popped up that makes it especially valuable to book through a portal. Instead of the standard 2x miles you’d normally get from Marriott purchase, you can get 5x the standard rate: 10x miles per dollar spent.
There aren’t many terms and conditions for this offer, but they’re important to keep in mind:
Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
At current TPG valuations, AAdvantage miles are valued at 1.4 cents each. At a 10x rate, you’re getting around a 14% return on your spending — in addition to what you’d earn otherwise from the stay.
While AAdvantage is certainly the most valuable option, there’s other elevated shopping portal bonus payouts for Marriott purchases:
- United (credit cardholders): 5x — typically 2x
- Delta: 4x — typically 1x
- United (non-cardholders): 3x — typically 1x
Or, if you’re just looking to maximize your cashback, you can get 6% cashback through the Citi Bonus Cash Center:
None of these portal bonuses have a stated end date, meaning that these offers can change at anytime. So, if you’re looking to book (or re-book) a Marriott stay at these elevated rates, don’t delay.
When you do, make sure that you’re putting the purchase on the right credit card to further maximize your earnings. Your best option is to combine this shopping portal bonus with one of the current American Express Amex Offers for Marriott brands:
- Courtyard by Marriott: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- Four Points by Sheraton: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- Fairfield by Marriott: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
If you’re not planning to stay at one of these brands, be sure to put the purchase on a card that maximizes your hotel spending. Here’s the top-earning cards for Marriott purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel, 6% return)
- Citi Prestige Card (3x on hotels, 5.1%)
- Citi Premier® Card (3x on hotels, 5.1%)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel, 4%)
H/T: Running With Miles
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees