Get 10X AAdvantage Miles Plus $40 Cashback at Marriott Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the foundational elements of the points and miles hobby is that you should maximize every online purchases by going through a shopping portal. This doesn’t just apply when buying items online; you also can score bonus points, miles or cashback on travel purchases by using shopping portals.
And today a new offer popped up that makes it especially valuable to book through a portal. Instead of the standard 2x miles you’d normally get from Marriott purchase, you can get 5x the standard rate: 10x miles per dollar spent.
There aren’t many terms and conditions for this offer, but they’re important to keep in mind:
Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
At current TPG valuations, AAdvantage miles are valued at 1.4 cents each. At a 10x rate, you’re getting around a 14% return on your spending — in addition to what you’d earn otherwise from the stay.
While AAdvantage is certainly the most valuable option, there’s other elevated shopping portal bonus payouts for Marriott purchases:
- United (credit cardholders): 5x — typically 2x
- Delta: 4x — typically 1x
- United (non-cardholders): 3x — typically 1x
Or, if you’re just looking to maximize your cashback, you can get 6% cashback through the Citi Bonus Cash Center:
None of these portal bonuses have a stated end date, meaning that these offers can change at anytime. So, if you’re looking to book (or re-book) a Marriott stay at these elevated rates, don’t delay.
When you do, make sure that you’re putting the purchase on the right credit card to further maximize your earnings. Your best option is to combine this shopping portal bonus with one of the current American Express Amex Offers for Marriott brands:
- Courtyard by Marriott: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- Four Points by Sheraton: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- Fairfield by Marriott: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
If you’re not planning to stay at one of these brands, be sure to put the purchase on a card that maximizes your hotel spending. Here’s the top-earning cards for Marriott purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel, 6% return)
- Citi Prestige Card (3x on hotels, 5.1%)
- Citi Premier® Card (3x on hotels, 5.1%)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel, 4%)
H/T: Running With Miles
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.