Earn 7,500 Wyndham points (enough for a free night at many hotels) after 2 stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Wyndham is marketing this promotion as a free night after two qualifying stays, but that’s not exactly true. This limited-time offer will net you enough points for a free night at Wyndham’s lowest-category hotels. Wyndham charges as much as 30,000 points per night at their more upscale properties.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Here’s what you need to know about this deal:
- Register here
- Book two qualifying stays with Wyndham by April 26, 2020
- Complete two stays by May 21, 2020
- You’ll earn bonus of 5,500 points (worth $60.50 according to TPG monthly valuations) after your second stay is complete (one bonus per account)
One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same participating property, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. In other words, two consecutive nights at the same hotel will count as one stay, not two — even if you make two separate reservation.
Wyndham guarantees you’ll earn at least 1,000 points per stay. That means you’ll have earned at least 2,000 points after completing two stays. Add that to the 5,500 bonus points you’ll earn for achieving this promotion, and you’ll have a total of at least 7,500 points, which is enough for a stay at Wyndham’s lowest-category hotels.
Related: The best hotel credit cards
Is this a good deal?
With 9,000+ properties worldwide, Wyndham hotels are everywhere. They include brands such as Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, Super 8, Travelodge, TRYP and many more. That means this promotion is easy to achieve, and the points are easy to spend.
The Wyndham award chart is split into three tiers:
- 7,500 points (or 1,500 points + cash)
- 15,000 points (or 3,000 points + cash)
- 30,000 points (or 6,000 points + cash)
You can use the points you earn from this promotion for a free night at low-tier hotels, but keep in mind they can also be dirt cheap with cash. Perhaps the smarter play would be to continue to accrue your points for a higher-category hotel, like the Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai. The hotel costs 15,000 points per night, but it can easily cost $250 in cash. That mean you’ll receive a value of 1.67 cents per point.
Remember, you can also accrue Wyndham points quickly with cards like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card. You can transfer Capital One miles to Wyndham at a ratio of 2:1.5 (1,000 Capital One miles = 750 Wyndham Rewards points). Plus, the card currently comes with 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Featured photo courtesy of Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees