Is Four Seasons about to launch a loyalty program?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For fans of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, one of the world’s top luxury hotel brands, being loyal doesn’t give you an edge. Instead, every guest can expect the same, VIP experience.
And that may be one of the reasons Four Seasons — which operates everything from iconic city hotels such as the Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown to private island escapes like the Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru — doesn’t participate in a traditional loyalty program right now. You have to pay for the exclusivity.
Still, in 2016, the brand established an invitation-only program with mysterious privileges, including a dedicated “Elite Contact” for only its most frequent guests. The stuff of folklore, really.
Unfortunately, the brand doesn’t allow guests to earn or redeem points, and you won’t find a Four Seasons cobranded credit card to help you leapfrog your way to a free night.
But that could all change next year, according to reports from Live and Let’s Fly.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
On Saturday, Live and Let’s Fly shared an email that had been sent to elite Four Seasons guests from the brand’s president of global operations, Christian H. Clerc, who promised “new Elite benefits” as early as January 2021.
To be clear, the email doesn’t really say, well, much of anything. But it’s still the most concrete suggestion we’ve ever seen that something is brewing in the loyalty space at Four Seasons. TPG reached out to the brand to learn more about the program and see if the brand had any plans to join an existing loyalty alliance — or, perhaps, establish a more concrete loyalty program of its own — but did not hear back in time for publication.
Back in October, TPG said that Four Seasons would be one of the most likely luxury brands to launch its own loyalty program, thanks to its relatively robust footprint for a small brand (over 100 properties all over the world) and extremely loyal following. And that’s to say nothing of its exclusive private jet itineraries — and the brand-new Four Seasons-branded Airbus A321LR set to debut next year.
Whether Four Seasons is entering the loyalty space or simply beefing up benefits for its existing devotees, we’ll likely know in the coming weeks. It’s entirely possible this is just hopeful speculation, as points- and miles-savvy travelers have long dreamt of a Four Seasons loyalty program and a way to easily earn free nights at some of the brand’s most aspirational properties — or, say, a seat on that beautiful private jet? And perhaps these “new Elite benefits” will just become even more nebulous perks known only to the brand’s high-rollers.
Until then, remember there are still ways to have an elite-like stay at Four Seasons properties if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express. Four Seasons properties typically participate in the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program, meaning you can access perks like a space-available upgrade, complimentary breakfast for two, a property credit or amenity, guaranteed late checkout and more when you book with your Platinum card. Plus, you’ll earn 5x Membership Rewards points on your stay when booked through FHR.
Feature photo by Meghan Hunter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees