Deal alert: Flights to Inverness, Scotland from $544
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scotland is a charming destination filled with opportunities for adventures such as a tour of the Scottish Highlands to find Nessie the Loch Ness monster. Right now you can snag a cheap fare there for travel this fall. The flights below are $544 round trip to Inverness and can be booked on Delta Air Lines, KLM or Virgin Atlantic.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
TheFlightDeal alerted us to this deal which is available from September to November.
Airline: Delta, KLM and Virgin Atlantic
Routes: IAD/JFK/ORD/SFO to INV
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline
Travel dates: September – November
The deals below are for economy flights on various airlines, which include a standard seat and a carry-on. Checked baggage and seat selection will cost extra. Each flight below costs $544 round-trip and includes stops in Amsterdam (AMS).
The best deal we found with the shortest layover is the flight below from New York (JFK) to Inverness (INV) with a stop in Amsterdam (AMS) under two hours each way.
Another option are flights from Washington, D.C., (IAD) to Inverness (INV).
On the West Coast, travelers can fly from San Francisco (SFO) to Inverness (INV). The deal below is cheaper than usual by $300 for the dates below in September.
You can go from the “Windy City” to the Scottish Highlands with flights from Chicago (ORD) to Inverness (INV).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Scotland has something for every traveler from lush greenery and rolling hills to the historic Inverness Castle and St. Andrews Cathedral. Whether you want to give haggis a try or not, Scotland is a destination in the U.K. not to be missed.
Featured photo courtesy of Faba Photography/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees