First Look: EgyptAir’s New Airbus A220 Rolls Out of Quebec Paint Shop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus announced Tuesday that the first A220 destined for EgyptAir was finally wearing the carrier’s colors.
In a tweet, the manufacturer said its paint shop in Mirabel, Quebec, had finished working on the plane, which is now being prepared for its first flight.
In December 2017, Egypt’s flag carrier ordered 12 A220-300s — then known as the Bombardier CS300 — with options for 12 more. The A220-300, the larger of the two A220 variants, can carry up to 160 passengers, depending on how it’s configured. With a 3,850-mile range, the plane can comfortably reach destinations across Europe and much of Africa from Egyptian airports.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.