Deal alert: Stay, golf for cheap at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: At TPG, our top priority is providing our readers with the information needed to make educated decisions about travel. This is not the best time to travel, domestically or internationally. But we are sharing this information to provide value for future travel once coronavirus concerns have subsided.
Even as the world slowly begins to open up again, vacations won’t look the same for some time. The best getaways will allow travelers to continue practicing safe social distancing, and this June 2020 golf package from the Fairmont Chateau Whistler in British Columbia, as first reported by Frequent Flyer Bonuses, does just that.
Between June 1 and June 30, 2020, the Fairmont Chateau Whistler is offering heavily discounted packages through its Golf Super Saver Offer from $132 ($185 CAD) per person, per night using promotional code PGFF for a double-occupancy room and a round of golf at Chateau Whistler Golf Club.
Each night includes:
- One night’s accommodation at Fairmont Chateau Whistler
- One round of 18-holes at Chateau Whistler Golf Club per person, per night
Tee times can be reserved ahead of time, or with the hotel upon arrival.
Golf rounds include:
- Unlimited golf on same day of play after initial paid round of golf (round(s) may be reserved upon completion of each round of golf) on arrival or departure day
- Complimentary club rentals
- Unlimited access to the practice facility
- Complimentary golf club storage
- Complimentary shuttle to and from the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Clubhouse
- Juniors golf for free (applies to one child 16 years of age or under, after 1 p.m.)
- Guest signing privileges
A wealth of additional add-ons are available, including breakfast, a variety of alcoholic beverages, a fruit sampler and even a “treat your teen” package.
A quick search of rates in June shows a double-occupancy room goes for $279 per night:
A round of golf at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler typically costs $135 ($189 CAD) daily, while twilight tee time rates begin at $99 ($139 CAD). (British Columbia residents can score a discount of $20 – $30 CAD off of the daily rate with proof of local residence.) At this rate you’d spend $274.50 per person (before fees) to split a room and play a round of golf, meaning you’re saving $142 per person, per night if you choose to take advantage of this offer.
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler charges an additional resort fee of $14 ($20 CAD) per room, per night. Additional taxes and fees total 16% of the room total, and are not included in the advertised rate.
Packages must be paid in advance, and are nonrefundable within 72 hours of check-in time. Reservations made under the Golf Super Saver Offer can earn credit under the ALL – Accor Live Limitless loyalty program.
Featured photo courtesy of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees