ExxonMobil launches a new app to reward you for buying gas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ExxonMobil has just launched a new app called Exxon Mobil Rewards+™. It’s got a couple of cool features for customers, including the ability to pay for gas from your phone, increased rewards on purchases and personalized offers based on location.
Though Exxon Mobil isn’t generally the best rewards program to save on gas, you can stack Exxon Mobil Rewards with credit cards that offer bonuses at gas stations to maximize your returns. To celebrate the launch of the app, Exxon is offering a limited-time promotion allowing users to earn five cents per gallon in points until Feb. 2020. Even better, for Premium status customers that bonus is doubled — meaning you’ll earn 10 cents per gallon in points, though it’s limited to purchases on premium fuel.
Related: How to save money on gas
For those worried about security, Exxon and IBM iX designed the app together, promising that customer’s payment information never reaches the pump. The app also uses IBM Watson Campaign Automation, which means you’ll see personalized offers based on your geolocation.
Exxon already operated a free app, called Exxon Mobil Speedpass+, which was designed to accept mobile payments and reduce the risk of skimming (stealing credit card information at the pump). This new iteration offers some great features, including an all-in-one stop for payment, rewards and coupons. If you’re an Exxon customer, download now in order to take advantage of the increased bonuses and maximize your rewards.
Feature photo by Mongkol Chuewong/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees