You can now earn Emirates Skywards miles by shopping online
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates has added new functionality for its U.S.-based members. The airline is offering U.S. members of its loyalty program the opportunity to earn miles through shopping online through a portal. Members of the Skywards program can now earn Skywards Miles at 1,500 U.S. and U.K. brands.
Online shopping portals are arguably one of the easiest and best ways to earn miles. All it takes is an extra couple of clicks to open up your preferred airline’s shopping portal of choice where you’ll then be directed to the website of the retailer of your choice. The simple process means you get rewarded for purchases you were going to make anyway, sometimes up to as many as 40 miles per dollar spent.
Skywards members can access Emirates’ shopping portal either through the Emirates app or through the dedicated website.
We had a look at the number of Skywards miles being offered per $1 spent. Here are a couple of popular examples as of time of writing.
- Emirates: 1.5 miles per dollar spent
- Emirates: 3 miles per dollar spent
- Emirates: 4.5 miles per dollar spent
- Emirates: 3 miles per dollar spent
All of these promotional rates expire on Aug. 31, 2020 except for Apple, which expires on Aug. 12.
While Emirates’ new shopping portal program is a nice extra way to top up your miles, one of the best ways to get Skywards Miles quickly is by transferring Membership Rewards points that you earn through spending on cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express. You’ll earn one Skywards mile per one Membership Reward point transferred with an estimated transfer time of two working days.
Featured image by 10’000 Hours/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.