You can now earn Emirates Skywards miles by shopping online
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates has added new functionality for its U.S.-based members. The airline is offering U.S. members of its loyalty program the opportunity to earn miles through shopping online through a portal. Members of the Skywards program can now earn Skywards Miles at 1,500 U.S. and U.K. brands.
Online shopping portals are arguably one of the easiest and best ways to earn miles. All it takes is an extra couple of clicks to open up your preferred airline’s shopping portal of choice where you’ll then be directed to the website of the retailer of your choice. The simple process means you get rewarded for purchases you were going to make anyway, sometimes up to as many as 40 miles per dollar spent.
Skywards members can access Emirates’ shopping portal either through the Emirates app or through the dedicated website.
We had a look at the number of Skywards miles being offered per $1 spent. Here are a couple of popular examples as of time of writing.
- Emirates: 1.5 miles per dollar spent
- Emirates: 3 miles per dollar spent
- Emirates: 4.5 miles per dollar spent
- Emirates: 3 miles per dollar spent
All of these promotional rates expire on Aug. 31, 2020 except for Apple, which expires on Aug. 12.
While Emirates’ new shopping portal program is a nice extra way to top up your miles, one of the best ways to get Skywards Miles quickly is by transferring Membership Rewards points that you earn through spending on cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express. You’ll earn one Skywards mile per one Membership Reward point transferred with an estimated transfer time of two working days.
Featured image by 10’000 Hours/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees