Fairmont to honor Hilton status benefits for stays at the reflagged El San Juan Hotel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new details from Fairmont. It was originally published on Jan. 10, 2020.
Since then, Fairmont has reached out to TPG to offer some more details about the brand change and how it affects travelers with Hilton Honors points reservations. Here’s what Jeff Doane, SVP, sales & marketing, North & Central America, had to say about Hilton Honors reservations:
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel is happy to honor all upcoming reservations, and all Hilton Honors members will be welcomed at the hotel with all the benefits of their current Hilton Honors status, as well as receive a bonus point offering if they choose to join ALL – Accor Live Limitless upon check-in. As the hotel is unable to facilitate the redemption of Hilton Honors points following the reflag, members with redemption reservations currently on the books will be extended an exceptional preferred rate if they would like to maintain their booking. Hilton contacted all Hilton Honors members with impacted reservations to help them understand their options, including relocation to another Hilton hotel or keeping their reservation at Fairmont El San Juan Hotel.
To make stays more attractive to new ALL – Accor Live Limitless members, the hotel is offering 3x points for stays through March 31 (reservations must be made by Feb. 29).
The brand change from Hilton to Fairmont at the El San Juan Hotel went into effect Jan. 2, 2020, when the hotel owner’s franchise agreement with Hilton expired. The beach resort, on a two-mile stretch of Isla Verde Beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico, only recently reopened in December 2018 after a $65 million rehab that was necessary after suffering damage during Hurricane Maria the year before. The rebranding is interesting since before the El San Juan, the only other Fairmont property in the Caribbean was Barbados’ Royal Pavilion.
The Caribbean Journal reported that Heather McCrory, CEO of North and Central America at Accor said the “Puerto Rico expansion was part of a period of ‘tremendous growth’ ahead in the region.”
Featured image by Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees