This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the fundamentals of the points and miles hobby is to always shop online through a shopping portal. Starting today, shopping through the Ebates portal just got a lot more lucrative. Instead of redeeming for cashback, members can now cash out Ebates earnings for American Express Membership Rewards points.
Based on current TPG’s valuations, that doubles the return on shopping through Ebates. Rather than getting 1 cent cashback, you’d be earning points valued at 2.0 cents per point. If you know how to maximize Membership Rewards points, you can get a lot more value than that.
The catch? This Membership Rewards earning option is currently only open to brand new Ebates members that sign-up through this landing page. As an added bonus, you’ll get a 1,500 Membership Rewards points bonus for making “qualifying purchases totaling $25 or more within 90 days of becoming a new member.” That’s a bonus that TPG values at $30 — which is more than the $25 purchase requirement.
That’s a lot better of a bonus than the typical offer — particularly for those of us that utilize points and miles:
If you enter an email address already enrolled, you’ll get an error saying:
Welcome Back! Thank you for being an Ebates member. Only new members can choose to receive Membership Rewards points at this time.
However, if you accidentally enter a secondary email address instead and then sign into your American Express account…
Hopefully for those that already have a large balance accumulated in their Ebates account, this Membership Rewards point transfer option will become available to current users. Thankfully, Katie and I had just cleared out our primary account, scoring a $99.80 “Big Fat Check”:
Before you start earning points through Ebates, it’s important to know some of the terms:
- The minimum number of points that will be transferred is 500 Membership Rewards points
- Points transferred from the Ebates account will become available in the Membership Rewards program account within 8 to 12 weeks after receipt by American Express of the points information from Ebates
- Points will not be made available by American Express if any Eligible Card Account is canceled or past due at the time of point fulfillment.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Hero Images via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees