You Can Now Get American Express Membership Rewards Points Rather Than Cashback From Ebates
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the fundamentals of the points and miles hobby is to always shop online through a shopping portal. Starting today, shopping through the Ebates portal just got a lot more lucrative. Instead of redeeming for cashback, members can now cash out Ebates earnings for American Express Membership Rewards points.
Based on current TPG’s valuations, that doubles the return on shopping through Ebates. Rather than getting 1 cent cashback, you’d be earning points valued at 2.0 cents per point. If you know how to maximize Membership Rewards points, you can get a lot more value than that.
The catch? This Membership Rewards earning option is currently only open to brand new Ebates members that sign-up through this landing page. As an added bonus, you’ll get a 1,500 Membership Rewards points bonus for making “qualifying purchases totaling $25 or more within 90 days of becoming a new member.” That’s a bonus that TPG values at $30 — which is more than the $25 purchase requirement.
That’s a lot better of a bonus than the typical offer — particularly for those of us that utilize points and miles:
If you enter an email address already enrolled, you’ll get an error saying:
Welcome Back! Thank you for being an Ebates member. Only new members can choose to receive Membership Rewards points at this time.
However, if you accidentally enter a secondary email address instead and then sign into your American Express account…
Hopefully for those that already have a large balance accumulated in their Ebates account, this Membership Rewards point transfer option will become available to current users. Thankfully, Katie and I had just cleared out our primary account, scoring a $99.80 “Big Fat Check”:
Before you start earning points through Ebates, it’s important to know some of the terms:
- The minimum number of points that will be transferred is 500 Membership Rewards points
- Points transferred from the Ebates account will become available in the Membership Rewards program account within 8 to 12 weeks after receipt by American Express of the points information from Ebates
- Points will not be made available by American Express if any Eligible Card Account is canceled or past due at the time of point fulfillment.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Hero Images via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.