Targeted: Earn a 20% bonus when you transfer Amex points to Qantas
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express is back with a 20% bonus for Qantas transfers, a targeted offer without an official end date. In the past, targeted Amex transfer bonuses (without an end date) have been known to disappear from your Amex account after a single transfer. So if you're eligible, it might only be a one-time deal and even if it's not, it could end at anytime.
Qantas is a member of the Oneworld alliance, so even if you don’t have plans to travel to Australia anytime soon, you can still use your points to book award travel on partners such as Japan Airlines, American Airlines and Qatar Airways. Some other solid redemptions include short-haul American Airlines flights or an around-the-world award ticket. Qantas also partners with airlines outside of the Oneworld alliance, like Alaska Airlines (although Alaska is joining Oneworld by 2021), El Al and Emirates.
With this bonus you’ll get 600 Qantas points for every 500 Membership Rewards® you transfer to the airline. For instance, transferring 1,000 MR points will net you 1,200 Qantas Points. In order to take advantage of the bonus, you’ll need to transfer a minimum of 500 MR points.
You’ll also need to be enrolled in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, link your Qantas account to your American Express account and transfer your MR points to Qantas. Here's a list of all current transfer bonuses happening now.
How to earn Membership Rewards points
If you currently don't have any Membership Rewards points, an intro bonus from one of the following Amex cards can help boost your balance, although you'll likely not see it in your account before the transfer bonus ends. However, you can use it for the next time a transfer bonus comes around.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn 5x points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel and prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel. Terms apply.
- American Express® Gold Card: 60,000 Membership Rewards points welcome bonus for spending $4,000 on purchases in the first six months of card membership. Plus earn 4x points at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases; then 1x) and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com. Terms apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: Earn 120,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com. Terms apply.
- American Express® Green Card: 45,000 Membership Rewards® points welcome bonus after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first six months of card membership. Earn 3x Membership Rewards points worldwide on eligible travel, restaurants and transit, including flights, hotels, home shares, campsites, tours, car rentals, ride shares, buses, subways, third-party travel websites and amextravel.com. Terms apply.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
You can also earn Amex MR points through the Rakuten shopping portal.
Additional reporting by Liz Hund and Jason Stauffer.
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout Credit One Bank Wander® CardTerms Apply