Dubai’s St. Regis, W and Westin to All Leave the Marriott Portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dubai, a city known for its tall buildings, over-the-top spectacles and superlatives, is losing three Marriott properties — a St. Regis, W and Westin.
Marriott announced on Tuesday that as of July 31, 2018, The St. Regis Dubai, W Dubai Habtoor City and The Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City will no longer be associated with Marriott International. According to a statement from Marriott, after that date, management of the three Dubai properties will be transferred from the world’s largest hotel chain to the new owning company, Al Habtoor Group.
“These hotels will no longer be part of the St. Regis, W Hotels and Westin Hotels global brand portfolios,” Marriott said in a statement. “This is a mutual decision reached amicably between the parties. The parties are working closely together to ensure a smooth and seamless transition for associates, clients and partners.”
Tuesday’s announcement comes just more than a week after a similar announcement in which the St. Regis Dubai Polo Club would be leaving Marriott as of July 1, 2018.
In all, the three properties feature a total of 1,594 rooms, according to Gulf Business. Additionally, the three properties boast 18 restaurants and lounges, two spas and 34 meeting and banquet spaces.
Under the new Al Habtoor Group ownership, you’ll no longer be able to take advantage of Starwood Preferred Guest or Marriott Rewards elite perks for your stays, nor will the hotels be part of the new unified Marriott loyalty program. Additionally, there will be no SPG or Marriott Rewards point-earning potential for stays at any of the three properties after July 31. If you have a stay booked after that date, you can give Starwood or Marriott a call to see what your options are.
Al Habtoor City, which is home to the three properties, also features a tennis facility, theater, La Perle (a show) and now more than 1,500 rooms. Once Al Habtoor Group’s takeover is complete, Marriott will no longer have a St. Regis or a W in the city — at one point, it had two St. Regis’. However, Dubai being St. Regis-less is not expected to last too long, as both a W and a St. Regis are expected to open on The Palm at some point in the not-too-distant future.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees