DoubleTree by Hilton will open 15 new properties in Southeast Asia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“Following the reopening of domestic and international borders, the surge in travel demand we’ve observed across international markets after an extended period of disconnect shows that travelers are eager to hit the road, reconnect and seek out new experiences once more,” Paul Hutton, area vice president, head of Southeast Asia, Hilton said in a press release.
The brand announced newbuilds in emerging destinations in the region, in addition to “well-loved,” key locations.
In Malaysia, DoubleTree by Hilton Shah Alam i-City is set to open in 2022. The 300-room property is part of the highly-anticipated i-City mixed development initiative in Selangor’s Golden Triangle. It will feature state-of-the-art meeting facilities and add to Hilton’s current portfolio of 11 properties in the country.
Also located in Malaysia, DoubleTree by Hilton Damai Laut Resort is scheduled to debut in 2023. Located within a 425-acre expanse of greenery, the 294-key property will offer scenic views of the Malacca Straits.
In Indonesia, DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta Bintaro Jaya will be part of a mixed-use development in Bintaro Jaya, a satellite of the greater Jakarta area. The Bintaro Jaya property will feature 185 rooms in a location close to a major shopping mall and Oceanarium.
In Sri Lanka, DoubleTree by Hilton Negombo Resort is slated for a 2024 opening. This 147-room resort will be located on the west coast of Sri Lanka, a region known for Dutch-era buildings and the scenic Negombo Lagoon.
“More than ever, regardless of the reason for travel, consumers expect comfort, service and safety in the hotels they choose. DoubleTree by Hilton is poised to not only meet, but exceed, travelers’ evolving needs and expectations as it continues expanding to new locales in Malaysia, Indonesia, and other well-loved and upcoming destinations in the region,” Hutton said.
In the past year, Hilton has launched hotels and resorts under the DoubleTree by Hilton across Southeast Asia, including DoubleTree by Hilton Weerawila Rajawarna Resort in Sri Lanka and DoubleTree by Hilton Surabaya. DoubleTree by Hilton Putrajaya Lakeside opened its doors in October 2021 close to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
Booking: Though reservations have not opened for some of the above properties, you’ll want to take advantage of the large selection of Hilton Honors credit cards such as the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card and the Hilton Honors American Express Card when they do.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees