Earn 2x Alaska miles on El Al’s new San Francisco to Tel Aviv route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan member, here’s a good deal if you’re looking to fly on El Al’s newly-launched route. Starting Oct. 10, members can register to earn double miles when flying EL AL between San Francisco (SFO) and Tel Aviv (TLV) from Oct. 15 – June 30, 2020.
Here’s what you need to know.
- You will need to register your Mileage Plan number before your first trip no later than Dec. 15.
- Travel on qualifying EL Al Israel Airlines nonstop flights between October 15 and June 30, 2020, and you’ll earn double Mileage Plan miles.
If you want to take advantage of the offer, you can register at this link from now until Dec. 15. Note that the offer is only available on El Al nonstop flights to and from San Francisco and is only available on qualifying paid flights booked in fare classes I, C, Z, D, J, W, B, Q, P, M, S, Y, H, L, V, K, U, O, G and N.
TPG’s Nick Ewen outlined the chart for earning Alaska miles on El Al-operated flights earlier this year. The award chart applies to all paid fare classes but note that deeply-discounted economy tickets will accrue at a much lower rate based on the distance of the flight.
Alaska doesn’t fly outside North America, but has worldwide partners including Cathay Pacific, Finnair and LATAM. Alaska announced a partnership with El Al earlier this year, and the option to earn Alaska miles on El Al flights rolled out in June. Alaska miles are worth 1.8 cents each, according to TPG’s latest valuations.
Alaska miles are considered some of the most valuable yet some of the hardest to earn. Even when booking the most basic fare, members will earn at least 3,000 miles that can later be used for redemptions on partner airlines, according to Alaska.
To earn even more Alaska miles, you might consider the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card, which is currently offering 40,000 bonus miles, and the carrier’s famous Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) when you make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
For more details, check out our guide for the best ways to earn Alaska miles.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
Updated on 11/3/21.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees