Limited time offer: Earn 5x United miles on your donation to hunger-relief charities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today is World Food Day, a day celebrated globally by several mission-driven organizations to end world hunger and food insecurity.
In recognition and support of World Food Day on October 16, United Airlines, Chase and Visa are joining forces to reward United Visa cardholders who donate to nonprofit organizations that provide hunger relief to communities in dire need. The principal goal is to inspire cardmembers to support nonprofits that are dedicated to the fight to end world hunger.
For more TPG points tips and news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Between October 15 and November 30, 2021, eligible United MileagePlus Visa Cardmembers will receive 5 miles for every dollar donated (up to $1,000) in donations per eligible card made to the following organizations:
- Rise Against Hunger: An international hunger relief organization focused on growing a global movement to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives, and responding to emergencies.
- World Central Kitchen: A nonprofit that uses the power of food to nourish communities and strengthen economies in times of crisis and beyond.
- Feeding America: the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States dedicated to fighting domestic hunger through a network of 200 food banks.
The following cards are eligible to earn 5x miles: United Gateway Card, United Explorer Card, United Quest Card, United Club Card, United Club Infinite Card, United Business Card, and United Club Business Card.
For instance, United MileagePlus Visa Cardmembers can make a $1,000 donation to any or all the three abovementioned hunger-relief charities and earn up to 5,000 United miles. Given TPG’s latest valuations, those miles are worth $65 — a nice return for your generous contribution to help in the mission of ending world hunger and aid in nourishing struggling communities.
And best of all, whatever amount you donate, 100% of it will go to the charity or charities of your choice — so earning 5x United miles is just icing on the cake.
Featured image by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees