Airlines offer waivers ahead of bad weather in the Northeast
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An intense storm headed toward the Northeast has caused several airlines to issue weather waivers for several airports, including:
- Boston (BOS)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Manchester (MHT)
- Islip, New York (ISP)
- New York (JFK)
- New York (LGA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Newburgh (SWF)
- Providence (PVD)
- White Plains (HPN)
- New Haven, Connecticut (HVN)
Each airline has its own rules about when you can use the waivers, but know that you have several options. You can either stay on your flight, change your flight or cancel your trip, and use the value towards a future flight. For Delta, the waiver is only available for customers with a ticket issued on or before Oct. 15. Your ticket must be reissued on or before Oct. 20, and travel no later than that date. Note that changes to origins and destinations may result in an increase in fare. Check your airline to see your options.
The National Weather Service is predicting strong winds and heavy rainfall along the I-95 corridor. The Washington Post reported that the weather should hit New England during the overnight hours Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Protect your travels
Featured photo courtesy of JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.