Airlines offer waivers ahead of bad weather in the Northeast
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An intense storm headed toward the Northeast has caused several airlines to issue weather waivers for several airports, including:
- Boston (BOS)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Manchester (MHT)
- Islip, New York (ISP)
- New York (JFK)
- New York (LGA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Newburgh (SWF)
- Providence (PVD)
- White Plains (HPN)
- New Haven, Connecticut (HVN)
Each airline has its own rules about when you can use the waivers, but know that you have several options. You can either stay on your flight, change your flight or cancel your trip, and use the value towards a future flight. For Delta, the waiver is only available for customers with a ticket issued on or before Oct. 15. Your ticket must be reissued on or before Oct. 20, and travel no later than that date. Note that changes to origins and destinations may result in an increase in fare. Check your airline to see your options.
The National Weather Service is predicting strong winds and heavy rainfall along the I-95 corridor. The Washington Post reported that the weather should hit New England during the overnight hours Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Protect your travels
Featured photo courtesy of JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee