Airlines offer waivers ahead of bad weather in the Northeast
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An intense storm headed toward the Northeast has caused several airlines to issue weather waivers for several airports, including:
- Boston (BOS)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Manchester (MHT)
- Islip, New York (ISP)
- New York (JFK)
- New York (LGA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Newburgh (SWF)
- Providence (PVD)
- White Plains (HPN)
- New Haven, Connecticut (HVN)
Each airline has its own rules about when you can use the waivers, but know that you have several options. You can either stay on your flight, change your flight or cancel your trip, and use the value towards a future flight. For Delta, the waiver is only available for customers with a ticket issued on or before Oct. 15. Your ticket must be reissued on or before Oct. 20, and travel no later than that date. Note that changes to origins and destinations may result in an increase in fare. Check your airline to see your options.
The National Weather Service is predicting strong winds and heavy rainfall along the I-95 corridor. The Washington Post reported that the weather should hit New England during the overnight hours Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Protect your travels
Featured photo courtesy of JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees