Delta Unveils A330-900neo Seat Configuration
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has unveiled the seat map and configurations for the Airbus A330-900neo, its newest aircraft, which will be delivered later this year.
The airline published the seat map on Thursday, buried deep in its application for six new flights to Tokyo’s Haneda Airport (HND) filed with the US Department of Transportation. Delta had previously said the aircraft would be outfitted with all cabins: Delta One Suites, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin, but this is our first look at how the seats will be configured in those cabins.
According to the filing, Delta will configure the long-haul twinjets with 29 Delta One individual suites, all with direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration; 28 Delta Premium Select seats in a 2-3-2 configuration; 56 Delta Comfort + seats in a 2-4-2 layout and 168 Main Cabin seats, also in a 2-4-2 configuration. That’s a total of 281 seats on the aircraft.
Below is the seat map for the A330-900neo that was included in the application:
In the application, the carrier proposes that the aircraft would theoretically be used on its Seattle (SEA) – Tokyo Haneda (HND) route.
Delta notes in its filing that it will have six A330-900Neos by summer 2020. Two will be used for the Haneda route every day (if it gets approved). The others could serve Europe — most Europe destinations require only one aircraft to operate one frequency per day, so next year you might be able to fly Delta’s newest plane to at least five cities.
The airline may receive the first of the new widebody jets as soon as April. At least one of the jets has already received its paint job: it was spotted at the end of last year rolling out of the Airbus paint shop in Toulouse, France. The airline has a sizable order for 35 of them and plans to use them on many of the long-haul routes where it currently flies the smaller Boeing 767-300ER, which will be phased out of the fleet. The 900neo is the latest model of the successful Airbus A330 family — it’s the same size as the A330-300 Delta already flies, but with new, quieter engines that burn less fuel, plus some aerodynamic refinements. As a consequence, the 900neo flies farther, up to 8,300 miles nonstop according to Airbus figures.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees