New Delta promo will trade you round-trip flights for Lakers basketball tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Listen up, Lakers fans: If you’re a season-ticket holder and can’t make it to select games this season, you could trade in your seats for a round-trip flight with Delta.
So how does the exchange work? Season ticket holders can head to Lakers.com/showtimeseatexchange where the first 50 eligible tickets can be exchanged for a round-trip domestic flight voucher to anywhere in the U.S. for each ticket donated (four ticket maximum). These flights will not be eligible for earning MQM’s or MQD’s and passengers will have to pay for any taxes or fees. The vouchers will be eligible to use for one year. The option to trade in ends on Nov. 5 or whenever the first 50 tickets are offered. Currently, the only game available is the Nov. 15 game between the Lakers and the Sacramento Kings.
Ticket holders will also be able to trade in their tickets for the following announced games:
- December 22, 2019 vs. Denver — the exchange will be open from December 2, 2019 through December 9, 2019, or until all 50 tickets are exchanged and verified.
- January 31, 2019 vs. Portland — the exchange will be open from January 3, 2020 through January 9, 2020, or until all 50 tickets are exchanged and verified.
- March 15, 2019 vs. Denver — the exchange will be open from February 18, 2020 through February 25, 2020, or until all 50 tickets are exchanged and verified.
Delta is the official and exclusive airline of the Los Angeles Lakers. To celebrate the extension of their decadelong partnership, the two have decided to launch the “Showtime Seat Exchange” program. The focus of the program is to create unique experiences for Lakers fans and the community. The tickets that are donated for the Nov. 15 game will be given to the After-School All-Stars — an after-school program to keep children safe and help them succeed in school and life.
If you’ve got the tickets and know that you can’t make one or two of the pre-picked games, then this is a great opportunity to give back and Delta will even reward you for it. Depending on how much you paid for your ticket, it might not be the most even exchange, but just think about what an awesome experience it allows local kids to have.
Featured photo by Patrick T. Fallon/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.