Delta’s Giving You an Enlightening Alternative to Vegging Out on Your Next Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Prior to the advent of in-flight Wi-Fi, strapping into a metal tube hurtling across the sky was one of the last remaining places to disconnect from the frenzy of work and life. For a brief moment in time, where movies were loaded into seatback screens yet Gogo wasn’t around to keep you synced with Earth’s surface, vegging out and savoring the entertainment mere inches from your retinas was totally okay. In fact, it ranked pretty high among life’s littlest big pleasures.
Now, that pleasure has competition. Though its intentions are no doubt good, Delta Air Lines has inadvertently introduced a guilt-trip: Passengers will now find LinkedIn Learning courses in flight, free of charge through Delta Studio.
Let’s take a brief look back at what used to be a simple exercise in justification:
- “Might as well watch a movie! There’s nothing else to do!”
- “I’ve earned this!”
- “Honestly, I need to be up-to-speed on the latest Hollywood rumblings. You know, for my career.”
- “Ah, Gogo is down! Guilt-free binge-watching coming right up! Ooh! Biscoff!”
- “Pretty sure I need to screen at least three more in-flight movies to make these noise-cancelling headphones worth the purchase price.”
Now, however, the entire dynamic has changed. Delta asserts that the courses, which are completely free and slated to be updated frequently, are “taught by expert instructors and cover a variety of topics like managing stress, getting things done, communication and career development.” You know, things that could totally benefit your life. Things that you’ll probably regret missing out on if you just watch the latest Kevin Hart comedy.
Additionally, Delta Studio is featuring a new interview series hosted by LinkedIn Editor-In-Chief Daniel Roth, including in-depth discussions with some of the world’s top leaders. For those who prefer text over visuals, written interviews can also be found in the recurring “5 Minutes With” column in Delta’s Sky magazine, which spotlights notable leaders in business.
Delta Studio is available on more than 600 aircraft via seatback screens and can be streamed by customers via their personal devices on all of Delta’s mainline fleet and most regional aircraft. Chris Buckner, Delta’s director of onboard product and customer experience, added a really good point on the whole thing: “For professionals on the go, finding the time to learn a new skillset or subject can be challenging. Through our partnership with LinkedIn, Delta customers can access a suite of learning materials at their fingertips — 30,000 feet in the air.”
So, basically, there’s no excuse to not walk off of your next Delta flight without a wealth of new knowledge. It’s been a good run, mindless entertainment!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees