Delta Cuts MQM Earning for Some Aeromexico Business-Class Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s slashing the number of Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights — one of its SkyTeam partners.
As of April 1, 2018, Delta is reducing the percentage of MQMs you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights when traveling on some business-class tickets — on a C, D or I ticket. On the partner award chart for Aeromexico, Delta’s current chart (prior to April 1, 2018) shows that you’ll earn 200% MQMs for business-class tickets:
However, as of April 1, 2018, that same award chart changes. For flights occurring on or after that date, you’ll earn just 150% MQMs for discounted business class — on a C, D or I ticket:
The good news is that nothing else is changing on April 1 other than those MQM earning rates. The number of miles you’ll earn will remain the same (200%), and the number of Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) you’ll earn will also remain the same (40% of the distance flown). Plus, if you’re traveling on a full-fare business-class ticket (J), you’ll still earn 200% MQMs.
Unfortunately, even if you had travel booked with Aeromexico prior to April 1, you’re still subject to the new MQM earning rates. While it won’t be a huge loss, it’s still frustrating for passengers who purchased a business-class ticket with SkyTeam partner Aeromexico thinking they’d earn a full 200% MQMs.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.