This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s slashing the number of Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights — one of its SkyTeam partners.
As of April 1, 2018, Delta is reducing the percentage of MQMs you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights when traveling on some business-class tickets — on a C, D or I ticket. On the partner award chart for Aeromexico, Delta’s current chart (prior to April 1, 2018) shows that you’ll earn 200% MQMs for business-class tickets:
However, as of April 1, 2018, that same award chart changes. For flights occurring on or after that date, you’ll earn just 150% MQMs for discounted business class — on a C, D or I ticket:
The good news is that nothing else is changing on April 1 other than those MQM earning rates. The number of miles you’ll earn will remain the same (200%), and the number of Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) you’ll earn will also remain the same (40% of the distance flown). Plus, if you’re traveling on a full-fare business-class ticket (J), you’ll still earn 200% MQMs.
Unfortunately, even if you had travel booked with Aeromexico prior to April 1, you’re still subject to the new MQM earning rates. While it won’t be a huge loss, it’s still frustrating for passengers who purchased a business-class ticket with SkyTeam partner Aeromexico thinking they’d earn a full 200% MQMs.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees