Delta Cuts MQM Earning for Some Aeromexico Business-Class Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s slashing the number of Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights — one of its SkyTeam partners.
As of April 1, 2018, Delta is reducing the percentage of MQMs you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights when traveling on some business-class tickets — on a C, D or I ticket. On the partner award chart for Aeromexico, Delta’s current chart (prior to April 1, 2018) shows that you’ll earn 200% MQMs for business-class tickets:
However, as of April 1, 2018, that same award chart changes. For flights occurring on or after that date, you’ll earn just 150% MQMs for discounted business class — on a C, D or I ticket:
The good news is that nothing else is changing on April 1 other than those MQM earning rates. The number of miles you’ll earn will remain the same (200%), and the number of Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) you’ll earn will also remain the same (40% of the distance flown). Plus, if you’re traveling on a full-fare business-class ticket (J), you’ll still earn 200% MQMs.
Unfortunately, even if you had travel booked with Aeromexico prior to April 1, you’re still subject to the new MQM earning rates. While it won’t be a huge loss, it’s still frustrating for passengers who purchased a business-class ticket with SkyTeam partner Aeromexico thinking they’d earn a full 200% MQMs.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees