This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s slashing the number of Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights — one of its SkyTeam partners.
As of April 1, 2018, Delta is reducing the percentage of MQMs you’ll earn on Aeromexico flights when traveling on some business-class tickets — on a C, D or I ticket. On the partner award chart for Aeromexico, Delta’s current chart (prior to April 1, 2018) shows that you’ll earn 200% MQMs for business-class tickets:
However, as of April 1, 2018, that same award chart changes. For flights occurring on or after that date, you’ll earn just 150% MQMs for discounted business class — on a C, D or I ticket:
The good news is that nothing else is changing on April 1 other than those MQM earning rates. The number of miles you’ll earn will remain the same (200%), and the number of Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) you’ll earn will also remain the same (40% of the distance flown). Plus, if you’re traveling on a full-fare business-class ticket (J), you’ll still earn 200% MQMs.
Unfortunately, even if you had travel booked with Aeromexico prior to April 1, you’re still subject to the new MQM earning rates. While it won’t be a huge loss, it’s still frustrating for passengers who purchased a business-class ticket with SkyTeam partner Aeromexico thinking they’d earn a full 200% MQMs.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that