Deal Alert: $250 Off Caribbean Vacation Packages From American Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through August 21, customers can save $250 off a vacation booking to the Caribbean via American Airlines Vacations. Here are the details:
- Book now through August 21, 2019
- Valid for travel completed by March 31, 2020
- Use promotion code: CARIB250
- Minimum five-night stay
- Must include round-trip flights
- Packages will earn the standard 1,000 AAdvantage miles per booking, though not when miles have been redeemed for payment
- Cannot be applied to preexisting reservations
While booking packages through airline portals isn’t always a great idea, there are times where it could make sense. Take, for instance, this package currently available on the AA website:
A weeklong vacation for two from Philadelphia to Aruba will cost just $991 after applying the promo code, as shown here:
In contrast, here’s what it looks like when trying to book this separately, with flights alone costing $871:
The hotel room, which isn’t even available for purchase, is $476:
Together, that totals $1,347 for the exact same vacation you’d be getting for $991 above. However, the hotel’s website notes that you aren’t allowed to stay more than three nights (which is utterly senseless, but OK), but you can try your luck by calling:
So in this instance, you’re getting a much better deal by booking with American than attempting to do it all yourself, at the least because you’re saving yourself the headache of attempting to negotiate a stay via phone.
While it’s not always a great idea to book vacations via airline website, especially when you’re looking to use points to offset the cost, this sale offers a solid opportunity to save some money. In the example above, you’re saving $356 by using the AA website in addition to snagging 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles. If you’re looking to take advantage of this offer, do it now, as you’ve only got a little over a week left to score.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees