Deal Alert: $250 Off Caribbean Vacation Packages From American Airlines
Now through August 21, customers can save $250 off a vacation booking to the Caribbean via American Airlines Vacations. Here are the details:
- Book now through August 21, 2019
- Valid for travel completed by March 31, 2020
- Use promotion code: CARIB250
- Minimum five-night stay
- Must include round-trip flights
- Packages will earn the standard 1,000 AAdvantage miles per booking, though not when miles have been redeemed for payment
- Cannot be applied to preexisting reservations
While booking packages through airline portals isn’t always a great idea, there are times where it could make sense. Take, for instance, this package currently available on the AA website:
A weeklong vacation for two from Philadelphia to Aruba will cost just $991 after applying the promo code, as shown here:
In contrast, here’s what it looks like when trying to book this separately, with flights alone costing $871:
The hotel room, which isn’t even available for purchase, is $476:
Together, that totals $1,347 for the exact same vacation you’d be getting for $991 above. However, the hotel’s website notes that you aren’t allowed to stay more than three nights (which is utterly senseless, but OK), but you can try your luck by calling:
So in this instance, you’re getting a much better deal by booking with American than attempting to do it all yourself, at the least because you’re saving yourself the headache of attempting to negotiate a stay via phone.
While it’s not always a great idea to book vacations via airline website, especially when you’re looking to use points to offset the cost, this sale offers a solid opportunity to save some money. In the example above, you’re saving $356 by using the AA website in addition to snagging 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles. If you’re looking to take advantage of this offer, do it now, as you’ve only got a little over a week left to score.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.