You could win a free cruise, hotel stay or Super Bowl tickets by getting vaccinated at CVS
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the fence about the COVID-19 vaccine? CVS is attempting to coax you onto the side of inoculation by offering vaccinated individuals a chance to win one of several high-value prizes as a reward for receiving their shots.
Starting June 1, anyone 18 or older who has already received a vaccination at a CVS location — or anyone who schedules an appointment for the vaccination by July 10 — can enter to win one of more than 1,000 prizes as part of CVS’ “One Step Closer” program. The sweepstakes aim to highlight the activities we’ve all missed over the past year during the pandemic and emphasize how vaccinations can help us safely resume them.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“We’re grateful for the millions of people who’ve received one of the well over 17 million doses we’ve administered at CVS Health, but we have a long way to go,” senior vice president and chief medical officer of CVS health Dr. Kyu Rhee said in a statement from the company. “Getting as much of the population fully vaccinated will bring us one step closer to all the things we’ve missed during the past 14 months, and keep our country moving in the right direction.”
Prizes include trips, elevated hotel rewards status, event tickets, VIP experiences, gift cards and cash, among other items from the following major corporations, which have partnered with CVS for the initiative:
- CVS Health: 125 $500 giveaways and five grand prize giveaways of $5,000 for family reunions
- Norwegian Cruise Line: 100 seven-day cruises for two in a balcony stateroom to your choice of destination, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe and more
- Procter & Gamble: VIP trip to Super Bowl LVI in Los Angeles for two people, including Super Bowl game tickets, airfare, hotel and more
- Unilever: 250 Night Out coupon booklets to use towards free Unilever products, such as Dove, TRESemmé, Suave, Degree, Schmidt’s, St. Ives and more. Grand prize of a 2022 NCAA Final Four package for two.
- Bermuda Tourism Authority: five three-night/four-day trips for two, including airfare, deluxe hotel accommodations, roundtrip transportation and more
- Hinge: 500 $100 gift cards for dates and one grand prize of a $5,000 gift card for an ultimate date experience for a winning couple
- iHeartMedia: VIP package for two to attend iHeartRadio Music Festival, including first-class airfare, hotel, floor seats, backstage experiences with artists and other amazing surprises
- smarTours: six fully escorted tours (one of which is a grand prize) for two to one of many international destinations, including airfare
- Wyndham Rewards: five two-night weekend getaways with a Platinum membership upgrade and a grand prize seven-night getaway, including airfare voucher and a Diamond membership upgrade, redeemable at thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals around the globe
Although 1,000 prizes might seem like a lot, keep in mind that CVS has administered more than 17 million doses of the vaccine. Your chances of winning are slim, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enter. You can do so here, starting June 1.
Since the vaccines are free, no purchase is necessary. If you haven’t yet been poked, you can sign up for a vaccine appointment here. Walk-ins are also accepted.
CVS isn’t the only major brand to offer incentives for immunization. Earlier this week, United announced its “Your Shot to Fly” campaign, which will give 30 vaccinated MileagePlus members a round-trip flight for two, in any class of service, to anywhere in the world United flies. Five grand-prize winners will receive one year of free travel worldwide — in any cabin — for themselves and a companion.
While more than 40% of the United States’ population is vaccinated, according to Johns Hopkins’ COVID-19 tracker, CVS says more than 17% of American adults are skeptical of receiving the shots.
Still have questions? Learn more about vaccinations in the U.S.
Featured photo by ArtistGNDphotography/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees