You May Be Able to Earn Up to $250 Towards Concerts With a New Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – American Express® Gold Card, Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, The Platinum Card® from American Express, American Express Cash Magnet® Card, Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
It’s a good time to sign up for an American Express Card — especially if you’re planning on going to any concerts or sporting events in the next year or so.
Meaning that — between the dates of August 14 and September 18, if you use someone’s referral code to sign up for either an American Express® Gold Card, Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express and the Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express or a Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you earn up to 40,000 Amex Membership Rewards and up to $250 in a Ticketmaster statement credit.
The deal specified above is specifically for select users of the Amex Gold Card. If you want to refer someone, Doctor of Credit reported that you must do it through email, and when signing up for the offer they need to use the same e-mail that you referred them with. The offer is also only valid on the card the prospect is referred for.
Keep in mind that if you want to redeem the Ticketmaster and point bonus, you have to spend at least $2,000 within the 3 months. Here are the other offers:
- Amex Everyday: You can earn up to 15,000 Membership Rewards points with $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster purchases after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months.
- Amex Everyday Preferred: You can earn up to 20,000 Membership Rewards points with $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster purchases after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months.
- Blue Cash Everyday: You can earn $200 back with an additional $250 in statement credits after spending $1,000 in within the first 3 months.
- Blue Cash Preferred: You can earn $200 in cash with an additional $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster after spending $1,000 in within the first 3 months.
- American Express Cash Magnet® Card: You can earn $200 in cash with an additional $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster after spending $1,000 in within the first 3 months.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: You can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points with an additional $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months.
Picking a credit card can be difficult. If you need any guidance when picking between the Amex Everyday or the Amex Everyday Preferred, we have a side by side comparison that you can read here. Also, don’t forget to check out our review of the Blue Cash Preferred card before pulling the trigger.
Featured image by Jena Ardell via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees