You May Be Able to Earn Up to $250 Towards Concerts With a New Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
It’s a good time to sign up for an American Express Card — especially if you’re planning on going to any concerts or sporting events in the next year or so.
Meaning that — between the dates of August 14 and September 18, if you use someone’s referral code to sign up for either an American Express® Gold Card, Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express and the Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express or a Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you earn up to 40,000 Amex Membership Rewards and up to $250 in a Ticketmaster statement credit.
The deal specified above is specifically for select users of the Amex Gold Card. If you want to refer someone, Doctor of Credit reported that you must do it through email, and when signing up for the offer they need to use the same e-mail that you referred them with. The offer is also only valid on the card the prospect is referred for.
Keep in mind that if you want to redeem the Ticketmaster and point bonus, you have to spend at least $2,000 within the 3 months. Here are the other offers:
- Amex Everyday: You can earn up to 15,000 Membership Rewards points with $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster purchases after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months.
- Amex Everyday Preferred: You can earn up to 20,000 Membership Rewards points with $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster purchases after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months.
- Blue Cash Everyday: You can earn $200 back with an additional $250 in statement credits after spending $1,000 in within the first 3 months.
- Blue Cash Preferred: You can earn $200 in cash with an additional $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster after spending $1,000 in within the first 3 months.
- American Express Cash Magnet® Card: You can earn $200 in cash with an additional $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster after spending $1,000 in within the first 3 months.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: You can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points with an additional $250 in statement credits at Ticketmaster after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months.
Picking a credit card can be difficult. If you need any guidance when picking between the Amex Everyday or the Amex Everyday Preferred, we have a side by side comparison that you can read here. Also, don’t forget to check out our review of the Blue Cash Preferred card before pulling the trigger.
Featured image by Jena Ardell via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.