Chase Private Client Offering $1,250 Bonus for Eligible New Accounts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Following an incredibly successful Chase Sapphire Reserve launch, the issuer has begun focusing more on its banking products, including Chase Sapphire Banking, with its 60,000-point bonus offer, and now Chase Private Client as well.
For years, Chase Private Client has been available to customers with a total balance of $250,000, including qualified cash and investments. You can think of it as an “elite status” of sorts, for traditional banking — benefits include a dedicated team comprised of a Private Client Banker and J.P. Morgan Private Client advisor, no fees on everyday banking and investment strategies designed to help you reach your financial goals, waived wire transfer and ATM-withdrawal fees and even free museum access with the company’s Arts & Culture Pass.
Now, Chase is sweetening the deal with a $1,250 bonus offer. Existing Chase customers who join Chase Private Client and transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days, will be eligible for a $1,250 bonus.
To be eligible, you’ll need to get an email for this offer then apply at a branch in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin or West Virginia.
Chase Private Client accounts currently earn just 0.01% APY interest (effective as of 7/16/19; interest rates are variable and subject to change), so be sure to do the math if you’re considering parking some cash — a $1,250 bonus is far less compelling if you’re giving up more than $5,000 in annual interest on $250k currently sitting in a high-yield 2% checking account, for example.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.