Marriott is finally giving its Courtyard brand a facelift
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Courtyard by Marriott is a tried and true hotel brand we can almost always count on — and starting soon locations across the U.S. and Canada will have a fresh new look to reflect the experience of the modern business traveler.
Announced yesterday in a statement from Marriott, more than 375 of the brand’s earliest properties will get exterior facelifts — as well as many with interior refreshes — by 2024.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“Over 38 years ago, Courtyard was the first hotel brand specifically for business travelers. Our new design strategy builds on that Courtyard legacy in ways that are perfectly suited for both leisure and business travelers,” Diane Mayer, vice president and global brand leader, Classic Select Brands, said in the statement.
The new exterior look will include updated landscaping and a new façade with fresh paint, wood tones, and ambient lighting designed to “help shape the modern hotel experience from arrival to check-out, coupled with innovations taking place within the hotel.”
Many hotels will also have new signs with the brand’s updated logo installed to help the experience between properties feel more seamless so guests can always count on the same modern Courtyard experience.
Inside, many older properties will be updated with the brand’s “urban-inspired” lobby elements, like modern individual check-in desks, large communal tables for an open working environment and media pods with private TV screens and residential-style sofas that double as semi-private workspaces.
According to the brand, The Bistro Bar, a casual bar and dining spot that serves as the “center focal point” of the lobby is getting a revamped menu highlighting classic American food and a full bar with specialty cocktails, at select hotels. Snacks and to-go style meals will be available at CRATE market.
More lounge seating is expected to be added to the back of the lobby, overlooking outdoor courtyards with fire pits and seating.
The hotel’s fitness centers are also expanding with weightlifting and stretching areas, new-aged exercise equipment and a hydration station. Thankfully, these fitness centers are open 24/7 so folks can work out whenever they want.
And then there are the rooms. Designed to add “calm and sophistication to any stay,” the updated rooms will have solid colors in warm and neutral palettes with subtle accents of color. New platform beds illuminated by “calming cove lighting” that can be controlled in-bed anchor the room while specially designed sleeper sofas and ottomans give travelers a place to relax or work. Rooms also feature a fridge, coffeemaker and 55-inch TV that can pull out and swivel to be viewed from different areas of the room.
And at some hotels, guests will be able to use the Marriott Bonvoy app to check-in and out, request services and amenities and unlock their room door.
More than 60 properties have already been upgraded to the modern new version of Courtyard by Marriott. As one of the most popular hotels in the Marriott portfolio, we’re excited to visit these updated properties where Bonvoy members can earn and redeem points in a brand new way over the next few years.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees