A Museum Dedicated to Coffee Just Opened in Italy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Drinking coffee is one thing, but learning the entire history of the world’s favorite drink is another task. The new Museo Lavazza in Turin, Italy, is what the museum’s curators are calling a “circular journey,” bringing visitors through the story of the Lavazza company and the coffee production process.
Upon entering, each guest gets their own espresso cup. Visitors will then be transported through five different sections: Casa Lavazzo, focusing on the company’s archive; the Fabbrica, which digs into the coffee-making process; the Piazza, a deeper dive into the social and ritualistic act of enjoying coffee; La’Atleier, serving as a media archive; and L’Universo, an immersive experience that ends with a very special coffee tasting.
The entire museum will bring you through 120 years of history, all centered around the drink that gets so many of us up and moving in the morning. The artifacts offer an impressive range, from the first espresso machine sent into space to historic ad campaigns.
But, the museum hopes to become much more than a tourist attraction. Located at Lavazzo’s new headquarters, museum architect Cino Zucchi shared in an interview with Wallpaper that the hope is that the museum creates a more symbiotic relationship between the business and its community.
“The new Lavazza campus represents a new way of addressing the relationship between a private company and the city it is based in, between a building and the public space that surrounds it,” Zucchi says. “In stark contrast to the concept of ‘zoning’ found in functionalist town planning, this project revisits, in a contemporary light, the layering and the coexistence of various different functions typical of ancient cities, with a high quality environmentally conscious garden, a design school, two restaurants, an events venue, a museum and new generation work spaces.”
So far, the museum and business headquarters have cost more than $140 million to build. You can read more about the museum and plan your visit at the Museo Lavazzaro website.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees