Get up to 15,000 United miles when you sign up for Clear, stack with Amex Platinum benefit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
United is offering 10,000 miles to general United MileagePlus members and 15,000 to its elite members and those with cobranded cards like the United Explorer Card and United Quest Card. That’s worth $121 to $181.50 based on TPG’s data-backed valuations — which is not too shabby.
You must enroll in this offer by July 9, 2022, to qualify. You can enroll in this offer through this landing page on the Clear website.
According to the CLEAR® website, those with United 1K status are eligible for complimentary membership while United Platinum, Gold and Silver elites and MileagePlus cardholders renew at $109 per year and general MileagePlus members renew at $119 per year. This is a hefty discount off the $189 per year CLEAR® typically charges.
Stack this deal with Amex Clear® benefits
With the right credit card, you might be able to make this offer even more valuable.
In theory, you can stack this with The Platinum Card® from American Express’ CLEAR® benefit. In July 2021, the card added a new statement credit that reimburses the cost of CLEAR® memberships at up to $189 per calendar year. You are reimbursed in the form of a statement credit when you put the charge on that card. Enrollment is required.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Three steps are required to maximize this stacking opportunity:
- Notify Amex that you will be enrolling in CLEAR® (this can generally be done on your profile using the Amex app or americanexpress.com).
- Go to the United/Clear landing page, and select “Get CLEAR®.”
- Complete your CLEAR® enrollment using the Amex card you’ve added the Clear benefit to and your MileagePlus number, and enjoy your 10,000 to 15,000 bonus miles and Clear membership.
According to CLEAR® your bonus miles should post to your MileagePlus account within six to eight weeks.
United and CLEAR®”s new promotion offers a great way to offset the cost of a CLEAR® membership — and it may be stackable into an even better deal for those with CLEAR® credits available on Amex cards. Act quickly, though — the offer will only stick around through July 9, 2022.
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski and Kyle Olsen.
Feature photo by Joni Hanebutt/Shutterstock.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees