It’s back: Get $100 in United TravelBank credit when you sign up for Clear, stack with Amex Platinum benefit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: This offer was temporarily unavailable, but is now live again.
United and Clear launched a new promotion that gives new Clear members a complimentary two-month membership and $100 in United TravelBank credit. For reference, Clear is an expedited airport security program that lets you skip the TSA line and typical ID process at 50+ airports and select stadiums around the U.S. using biometrics. You can use TravelBank
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
United is offering TravelBank credit to the first 50,000 people who enroll in this offer by Feb. 9, 2022. Recipients can use this TravelBank credit to book flights operated by United and United Express directly with United.
You can enroll in this offer through this landing page on the Clear website.
You’re charged for membership after your trial ends. According to the Clear website, those with United 1K status are already eligible for complimentary membership while United Platinum, Gold and Silver elites in addition to MileagePlus cardholders renew at $109 per year, and general MileagePlus members renew at $119 per year. This is a hefty discount off the $179 per year Clear typically charges. The renewal at $109 per year for United MileagePlus cardholders is a new benefit.
Stack this deal with Amex Clear benefits
The deal could be better than just the compelling offer that United has sent out.
In theory, you can stack this with The Platinum Card® from American Express’ Clear benefit. In July 2021, the card added a new statement credit that reimburses the cost of Clear memberships, up to $179 per calendar year. You are reimbursed in the form of a statement credit when you put the charge on that card. Enrollment is required.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Three steps are required to maximize this stacking opportunity:
- Notify Amex that you will be enrolling in Clear (this can generally be done on your profile using the Amex app or americanexpress.com).
- Go to the United/Clear landing page, and select “Get Clear.”
- Complete your Clear enrollment using the Amex card you’ve added the Clear benefit to & MileagePlus number, and enjoy your $100 United TravelBank credit and Clear membership.
Note, you will not receive your Clear rebate on your American Express card until the two-month complimentary trial has elapsed.
Your TravelBank funds will be linked to your MileagePlus account and should be immediately visible after logging in.
If you have United TravelBank credit, it will appear as a payment option on the final checkout page on the “payment method” tab.
United and Clear’s new promotion offers a great way to offset the cost of a Clear membership — and it may be stackable into an ever better deal for those with Clear credits available on Amex cards. Act quickly, though — only the first 50,000 people who sign up for the promotion are eligible for the $100 United TravelBank credit.
Feature photo by Joni Hanebutt / Shutterstock.com
Additional reporting by Kyle Olsen
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees