CLEAR Makes Cincinnati Its 30th Airport Location
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) has become the latest airport to receive CLEAR, the biometric identity service that helps speed flyers through airport security lines.
The news that CLEAR is coming to CVG comes less than a week after the service debuted at Boston Logan’s (BOS) Terminal A, home to gates for Delta, Southwest and WestJet.
At Cincinnati, CLEAR kiosks will be available at the airport’s main security checkpoint, enabling CLEAR customers to use the service no matter which airline they are flying.
“Our mission is to make travel through CVG an unforgettably positive experience, and with the added convenience of CLEAR, we’ll be able to continue to deliver on that mission,” CVG airport CEO Candace McGraw said in a statement.
CLEAR members submit fingerprint and iris scans to the company, which uses those biometric scans to confirm a traveler’s identify when he or she arrives to the airport security. CLEAR customers present themselves at a special CLEAR kiosk that’s typically adjacent to the security queues. Once there, CLEAR personal confirm travelers’ identities after a fingerprint or iris scan. Then, members are escorted to the front of the queue to go through security.
Overall, Cincinnati becomes CLEAR’s 30th airport location. In addition to airports, CLEAR operates identification checkpoints at venues like stadiums and arenas.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 per year, but you can pay $149 for your first year with promo code TPG149. Delta SkyMiles members and certain Delta co-branded credit card holders also can get a discounted rate. (See TPG‘s full guide to CLEAR for a more detalied look, plus our list of all locations offering the service.)
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.