CLEAR Makes Cincinnati Its 30th Airport Location
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) has become the latest airport to receive CLEAR, the biometric identity service that helps speed flyers through airport security lines.
The news that CLEAR is coming to CVG comes less than a week after the service debuted at Boston Logan’s (BOS) Terminal A, home to gates for Delta, Southwest and WestJet.
At Cincinnati, CLEAR kiosks will be available at the airport’s main security checkpoint, enabling CLEAR customers to use the service no matter which airline they are flying.
“Our mission is to make travel through CVG an unforgettably positive experience, and with the added convenience of CLEAR, we’ll be able to continue to deliver on that mission,” CVG airport CEO Candace McGraw said in a statement.
CLEAR members submit fingerprint and iris scans to the company, which uses those biometric scans to confirm a traveler’s identify when he or she arrives to the airport security. CLEAR customers present themselves at a special CLEAR kiosk that’s typically adjacent to the security queues. Once there, CLEAR personal confirm travelers’ identities after a fingerprint or iris scan. Then, members are escorted to the front of the queue to go through security.
Overall, Cincinnati becomes CLEAR’s 30th airport location. In addition to airports, CLEAR operates identification checkpoints at venues like stadiums and arenas.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 per year, but you can pay $149 for your first year with promo code TPG149. Delta SkyMiles members and certain Delta co-branded credit card holders also can get a discounted rate. (See TPG‘s full guide to CLEAR for a more detalied look, plus our list of all locations offering the service.)
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees