CLEAR Makes Cincinnati Its 30th Airport Location
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) has become the latest airport to receive CLEAR, the biometric identity service that helps speed flyers through airport security lines.
The news that CLEAR is coming to CVG comes less than a week after the service debuted at Boston Logan’s (BOS) Terminal A, home to gates for Delta, Southwest and WestJet.
At Cincinnati, CLEAR kiosks will be available at the airport’s main security checkpoint, enabling CLEAR customers to use the service no matter which airline they are flying.
“Our mission is to make travel through CVG an unforgettably positive experience, and with the added convenience of CLEAR, we’ll be able to continue to deliver on that mission,” CVG airport CEO Candace McGraw said in a statement.
CLEAR members submit fingerprint and iris scans to the company, which uses those biometric scans to confirm a traveler’s identify when he or she arrives to the airport security. CLEAR customers present themselves at a special CLEAR kiosk that’s typically adjacent to the security queues. Once there, CLEAR personal confirm travelers’ identities after a fingerprint or iris scan. Then, members are escorted to the front of the queue to go through security.
Overall, Cincinnati becomes CLEAR’s 30th airport location. In addition to airports, CLEAR operates identification checkpoints at venues like stadiums and arenas.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 per year, but you can pay $149 for your first year with promo code TPG149. Delta SkyMiles members and certain Delta co-branded credit card holders also can get a discounted rate. (See TPG‘s full guide to CLEAR for a more detalied look, plus our list of all locations offering the service.)
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees