CLEAR Makes Cincinnati Its 30th Airport Location
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) has become the latest airport to receive CLEAR, the biometric identity service that helps speed flyers through airport security lines.
The news that CLEAR is coming to CVG comes less than a week after the service debuted at Boston Logan’s (BOS) Terminal A, home to gates for Delta, Southwest and WestJet.
At Cincinnati, CLEAR kiosks will be available at the airport’s main security checkpoint, enabling CLEAR customers to use the service no matter which airline they are flying.
“Our mission is to make travel through CVG an unforgettably positive experience, and with the added convenience of CLEAR, we’ll be able to continue to deliver on that mission,” CVG airport CEO Candace McGraw said in a statement.
CLEAR members submit fingerprint and iris scans to the company, which uses those biometric scans to confirm a traveler’s identify when he or she arrives to the airport security. CLEAR customers present themselves at a special CLEAR kiosk that’s typically adjacent to the security queues. Once there, CLEAR personal confirm travelers’ identities after a fingerprint or iris scan. Then, members are escorted to the front of the queue to go through security.
Overall, Cincinnati becomes CLEAR’s 30th airport location. In addition to airports, CLEAR operates identification checkpoints at venues like stadiums and arenas.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 per year, but you can pay $149 for your first year with promo code TPG149. Delta SkyMiles members and certain Delta co-branded credit card holders also can get a discounted rate. (See TPG‘s full guide to CLEAR for a more detalied look, plus our list of all locations offering the service.)
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees