Citigold Adds $200 Credit for Subscriptions With Amazon, Costco and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
What do Costco, TSA PreCheck and Hulu all have in common? They are all partnering with Citi to offer up to $200 in rebates for purchases made by Citigold clients.
Here’s how it works.
Using your Citigold account, you’ll need to choose which merchants you want rebates for and register. You have plenty of options from TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, Amazon Prime, Audible, Costco, Hulu and Spotify. You’ll need to make those purchases using a Citigold debit card. Then, you’ll automatically be reimbursed for those purchases. Keep in mind that only subscriptions are eligible to be rebated. According to Citibank, additional goods purchased in the same transaction won’t get you your rebate.
Note that to even have a Citigold Banking and Wealth Management account, you’ll need to have a lot of money in the bank. Citibank’s own website says you’ll need to maintain “a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts.”
If you have enough cash on hand to be an elite Citigold member, the perks are quite good. We’ve written before about how you’ll receive Citigold Concierge service, higher earning rates for ThankYou points, waived foreign exchange fees and free entrance to museums and cultural destinations.
The move comes after Chase’s rolled out its competitor product, Sapphire Banking, which offers premium perks to customers with big bank accounts.
Of course, there are several other ways to receive TSA Precheck and Global Entry rebates without needing nearly a quarter of a million dollars on hand. The Platinum Card® from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve and many other credit cards include an application fee credit for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck.
Featured photo by Christopher Dilts/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees