Citi Offering Targeted Statement Credit for PayPal Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is sending out targeted offers for statement credits for cardholders who shop with PayPal. The Points Guy team has received offers ranging from $20-$25 back, but Doctor of Credit is reporting offers up to $40 back.
Be sure to check your email for the following subject: “<your name>, earn up to $ back when you shop with Citi and PayPal after qualifying purchases.”
The offer is valid from June 24 through Aug. 23 and allows users to earn up to 10% back on purchases made with PayPal (up to $40) or $25 back when you spend $75 on eligible PayPal purchases via a Citi credit card. Peer-to-peer transactions made through PayPal will not trigger the statement credit, but it shouldn’t be too hard to take advantage of the deal as many online retailers allow you to pay through PayPal.
This offer comes as good news to Citi cardholders amid the recent announcement that Citi is slashing benefits on a majority of their cards come September 22, 2019. Citi cards used to offer shopping and travel protection, but those benefits will soon disappear.
Featured image by Rafael Henrique/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.