Here’s where to catch your favorite in-flight Christmas movies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s your all-time favorite Christmas movie? Is it Elf, Love Actually or It’s A Wonderful Life? Or does your taste run a little bit more toward the ironic — Bad Santa, perhaps, or Anna and the Apocalypse?
My personal favorite Christmas movie is Die Hard, and I can watch this Bruce Willis classic on board Delta flights this December. So can you, for that matter: Delta recently polled customers again to vote for their favorite holiday flick. The Grinch is this year’s winner, and can be found on in-flight entertainment this season along with a number of other classics.
As reported by USA Today, Delta isn’t the only airline that’s bringing holiday cheer to 39,000 feet. A number of airlines have shared their holiday entertainment lineups online, including Alaska Air, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest and United.
If you’re a fan of Hallmark Christmas movies, you can watch some of them on board certain flights as well. (If you’re really a fanatic, check out our review of the Christmas Camp at the Phoenician.)
Here’s a list of the holiday goodness you can expect on board:
- A Bad Mom’s Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- A Dennis the Menace Christmas
- Adam Sandler’s Eight Crazy Nights
- Almost Christmas
- Arthur Christmas
- Bad Santa
- Christmas at Graceland
- Christmas Next Door
- Coming Home for Christmas
- Die Hard
- Four Christmases
- Fred Claus
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Happy New Year, Colin Burstead
- Home Alone
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
- Home for the Holidays
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- Ice Age
- It’s Christmas, Eve
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Jack Frost
- Jingle All the Way
- Little Fockers
- Love Actually
- Miracle on 34th Street
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- Switched for Christmas
- The Best Man Holiday
- The Family Stone
- The Holiday
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Polar Express
- The Preacher’s Wife
- The Santa Clause
- The Sweetest Christmas
- White Christmas
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees