Sign up for a free Choice Hotels elite status match
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice Privileges isn’t exactly the most aspirational loyalty program, but Choice Hotels does offer more than 7,000 properties around the world, and if you’re planning to stay at one of the chain’s brands (like Econo Lodge or Comfort Inn), it might be worth taking advantage of this free status match opportunity.
Choice offers three elite tiers — Gold, Platinum and Diamond — and while it’s not clear which tier you’ll be offered, Platinum only requires 20 nights per year, so if you have Marriott Gold status or Hilton Honors Gold status from The Platinum Card® from American Express, there’s a good chance you’ll be matched to Choice Privileges Platinum. Enrollment required.
What does Platinum get you? Well, not very much. All three status levels offer bonus points (10% for Gold, 25% for Platinum and 50% for Diamond), a snack or beverage at Comfort Suites in the US, reserved parking and dedicated customer service numbers. So, overall, a bit of a snooze.
However, if you’re still interested, you can apply for your match by emailing the following to Status_Match@choicehotels.com:
- Your full name
- Your Choice Privileges member number
- Proof of elite status with another chain (including a screenshot or photo of a loyalty card)
According to the terms and conditions, matched status will be valid for the rest of this year and the entire following year. Unfortunately you’re only able to apply for one status match per lifetime, so I wouldn’t apply if you aren’t planning to stay at participating properties within the next year and a half. There isn’t a deadline listed, so if this match will benefit for you, I wouldn’t wait long to apply.
Featured photo courtesy of Comfort Inn Westport in St Louis, Missouri.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees