Sign up for a free Choice Hotels elite status match
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice Privileges isn’t exactly the most aspirational loyalty program, but Choice Hotels does offer more than 7,000 properties around the world, and if you’re planning to stay at one of the chain’s brands (like Econo Lodge or Comfort Inn), it might be worth taking advantage of this free status match opportunity.
Choice offers three elite tiers — Gold, Platinum and Diamond — and while it’s not clear which tier you’ll be offered, Platinum only requires 20 nights per year, so if you have Marriott Gold status or Hilton Honors Gold status from The Platinum Card® from American Express, there’s a good chance you’ll be matched to Choice Privileges Platinum.
What does Platinum get you? Well, not very much. All three status levels offer bonus points (10% for Gold, 25% for Platinum and 50% for Diamond), a snack or beverage at Comfort Suites in the US, reserved parking and dedicated customer service numbers. So, overall, a bit of a snooze.
However, if you’re still interested, you can apply for your match by emailing the following to Status_Match@choicehotels.com:
- Your full name
- Your Choice Privileges member number
- Proof of elite status with another chain (including a screenshot or photo of a loyalty card)
According to the terms and conditions, matched status will be valid for the rest of this year and the entire following year. Unfortunately you’re only able to apply for one status match per lifetime, so I wouldn’t apply if you aren’t planning to stay at participating properties within the next year and a half. There isn’t a deadline listed, so if this match will benefit for you, I wouldn’t wait long to apply.
Featured photo courtesy of Comfort Inn Westport in St Louis, Missouri.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.