Check to See If You’re Targeted to Earn Bonus Marriott Elite Nights and Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Marriott is sending out targeted promotions where its loyalty members can earn bonus elite night credits or redeemable points after completing just one stay.
TPG Editor Nick Ewen was targeted for a promotion to earn up to 22,500 bonus points after completing three stays. You’ll earn 6,000 points after the first stay, 7,500 points after the second and 9,000 after the third. If you do max out the promotion, those 22,500 are worth $202 according to TPG’s valuations. Not a bad haul if you already were planning on those stays, but may not be worth going out of your way for just the points themselves.
TPG’s Executive Editorial Director Scott Mayerowitz was targeted for double bonus points on paid stays of two nights or more.
As reported by Doctor of Credit, the other promo doles out bonus elite night credits after eligible stays. You’ll earn bonus 5 elite nights after just one stay and another 5 elite nights after another stay. So hypothetically you could earn 12 elite nights after just two separate one-night stays, 10 from the bonus and two from the stays themselves. TPG’s Summer Hull was targeted for a deal that offers double elite nights on each stay.
Both of these bonus elite promotions could significantly help toward attaining elite status with Marriott Bonvoy. It may even be worth completing a mattress run at an inexpensive Marriott property if you have a specific status you’re gunning for this year.
You can check here to see if you were targeted, search your inbox for an email from Marriott, or log-in to your Marriott account and see if any deal appears. The promotions expire on various dates, so some stays have to be completed by April 30 or May 31. Check your offer to make sure to find the details of each promotion.
Remember that holding a Marriott co-brand credit card can help toward attaining elite status, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card gives 15 elite night credits each calendar year (enough to qualify for Marriott Silver status):
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers complimentary Gold status with Marriott, although you’ll have to start from scratch if you want higher status than that, since the card benefit doesn’t actually award elite night credit.
Featured image by Brian Biros / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees