Chase Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite card loses $100 discount flight benefit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frequent Miler is reporting that the Visa Infinite $100 flight benefit is no longer available with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card as of Jan. 15, 2020. The Ritz-Carlton card was closed to new applicants in July 2018.
This means that (as far as TPG knows) there is no longer a Visa Infinite card issued in the U.S. that still has the flight benefit perk, since the Crystal Visa Infinite Card dropped this benefit at the end of 2019.
The Visa Infinite airfare discount was a nice money saver, since you were able to save $100 when booking qualifying itineraries for between two and five travelers with airlines including Alaska, Delta, American and United. This was likely an expensive perk to maintain for a hotel credit card that is no longer open to new applications. Keep in mind that while the Ritz-Carlton card is no longer available to new applicants, it is possible to get the card by upgrading from another Chase Marriott credit card you’ve had open for at least a year, such as the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card.
Upgrading your credit card can be an attractive option because in doing so, you will avoid having a new account appear on your credit report, which will help you stay under Chase’s 5/24 rule. The downside to card upgrades is that, unless you are targeted with a special offer, you won’t have the opportunity to earn a big sign-up bonus. So if you’d like to get a Visa Infinite card and earn a bunch of points you should take a look at either the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card, although neither of those cards comes with the $100 flight discount.
The information for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, Crystal Visa Infinite Card, U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Jag_cz/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more