Chase Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite card loses $100 discount flight benefit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frequent Miler is reporting that the Visa Infinite $100 flight benefit is no longer available with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card as of Jan. 15, 2020. The Ritz-Carlton card was closed to new applicants in July 2018.
This means that (as far as TPG knows) there is no longer a Visa Infinite card issued in the U.S. that still has the flight benefit perk, since the Crystal Visa Infinite Card dropped this benefit at the end of 2019.
The Visa Infinite airfare discount was a nice money saver, since you were able to save $100 when booking qualifying itineraries for between two and five travelers with airlines including Alaska, Delta, American and United. This was likely an expensive perk to maintain for a hotel credit card that is no longer open to new applications. Keep in mind that while the Ritz-Carlton card is no longer available to new applicants, it is possible to get the card by upgrading from another Chase Marriott credit card you’ve had open for at least a year, such as the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card.
Upgrading your credit card can be an attractive option because in doing so, you will avoid having a new account appear on your credit report, which will help you stay under Chase’s 5/24 rule. The downside to card upgrades is that, unless you are targeted with a special offer, you won’t have the opportunity to earn a big sign-up bonus. So if you’d like to get a Visa Infinite card and earn a bunch of points you should take a look at either the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card, although neither of those cards comes with the $100 flight discount.
Information for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card and Crystal Visa Infinite Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy and has not been reviewed by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Jag_cz/Shutterstock.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees